• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Going back to grenson at bennie's

AlanC

Minister of Trad
Reaction score
In an email to me Chris stated that he would have some in about a week and to email him on Friday for availability.

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
Hmm, chris posted in the for sale section that he had more coming in next week...
I dunno, we could both be right. I did not ask Louie about the info you got from Chris, he just volunteered that he was bidding on 350 more. Maybe Chris has 500 on the way and Louie is after another 350.
To be honest, in my opinion the Grenson Masterpiece series is among the top 5 of English shoes, with no. 1 being EG, and then C&J Hand Grades, Lobb-Paris, these Grensons and Church Masterclass. These brands normally cost $495-$900 a clip. If you shop ebay, order from PLAL, England, or wait for EG's sales, and get lucky, you might pay as little as $350 or so for a lesser one. These Grensons would be a terrific bargain at $300. We can now get 2 pairs for that price. Something like this is unlikely to ever occur again. This is a good opportunity to stock up for future years and just hope that your feet won't expand and that you won't die young.

mano

Reaction score
Any idea if the shoes they get will be more of the same models they have currently, or different shoes? I.e., buy now or wait. The $150 price is outstanding, but because I'm such a cheapskate, I still have a hard time paying that much for a pair of shoes.

jerrysfriend

Reaction score
Any idea if the shoes they get will be more of the same models they have currently, or different shoes?  I.e., buy now or wait.   The $150 price is outstanding, but because I'm such a cheapskate, I still have a hard time paying that much for a pair of shoes.
They did not say, but the decision about 350 pairs vs. 500 apparently depends on how well the current stock keeps selling.
If they have what you like, I would advise buying now, unless you don't need them and are willing to gamble. Sometimes Bennie's cuts prices a little further when it gets down to the very last few, but it has not done that for the J&M Handmades, so it is hard to say for sure what you should do.

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I just oredered my Grenson, Stowie Conac from Chris .. Nice fella on the phone .. I am DYING to see the shoes ..

Ranjeev

Reaction score
I'll second MilanoStyles comments re: Chris. Lucky you Milanostyle, those were the shoes I wanted, in black though. I'll take brown if I can get them though
smile.gif

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
9, 18, and 23 are really cool, is that Burgundy or Chili?

MilanoStyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ranjeev,  I donno what hit me .. but I really got to appriciate this brown color .. i think its f**king spectacular.  I guess because we Torontonians were never exposed to beautiful brown shoes.  Most of shoe stores that I go have black shoes .. If they ever have brown shoes .. they are too ugly.

I think these Grensons are amazing.  The sole pic posted by drizzt3117 is just killer.  Also, i think the trend is brown shoes.  They pretty much put any color of clothes with brown shoes.

PS:  Chris, let me know if you get Rugby in 10D, dark brown.  I am the guy from Toronto Canada ..

drizzt3117

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
yeah, I wanted some brown/burgundy shoes to offset all my black shoes, right now I only own one pair of brown shoes, a very dark chocolate pair of bally laceups. I have like 8 pairs of black dress shoes... but I think the brown shoes will work with alot of outfits.

brescd01

Reaction score
"that your feet won't expand"
I thought I asked about this and people denied this happens? I had this experience with several pairs of shoes over a 1 year period I hardly wore some shoes and I had to dump them.

kabert

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Jeez, these really are incredible looking shoes for the price. Hopefully they'll get more in in 12 and 13. Does anyone know how the sizes run? When Bennie's says a shoe is size 11D does that mean it's really 11D or is that the English sizing?

I completely agree with the person who said, now's the time to stock up if you afford it -- set aside shoes for future use, perhaps rounding up in the sizing.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads