1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

God made all of us

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by matadorpoeta, Aug 5, 2008.

1. mink31

mink31 Well-Known Member

If God made all of us...
    Then who made God?

Shit! my eye just popped out.

2. dtmt

dtmt Well-Known Member

God gave rock and roll to you

Jesus build my hotrod

3. tiecollector

tiecollector Well-Known Member

God made all of us... but who did he make better?

4. Musselma

Musselma Well-Known Member

This is a good thread. That one God made all people is a fundamental fact, the value of which is often unappreciated. If different peoples were created by different, and possibly rival, gods, then we could and maybe should wage war w/o restraint. The theory of a common origin that stems historically from monotheism has done much to prevent the existence of and to mitigate the severity of war. Of course, as Thomas implied, we are not as God made us (in a way), so wars -- and severe wars -- still occur. But such, I believe, is the failure and not the achievement of monotheism.
    Can you site your sources that back up your fact? I'm going to need a scientific source. Thanks [​IMG]

5. GoSurface

GoSurface Well-Known Member

Anybody wanna hold hands and start singing that Joan Osbourne song?

6. Shraka

Shraka Well-Known Member

If God made all of us...
    Then who made God?

Supergod.

7. Thomas

Thomas Well-Known Member

If God made all of us...
    Then who made God?

God may be God and all that, but j owns the joint.

8. lawyerdad

lawyerdad Well-Known Member

religions dont start wars, governments do and use religion as their scapegoat. Its allways been about economics. These days, we are becoming more honest and some governments admit its purely economics. Must be refreshing for the people that watch the intergalactic soap called earth..

As far as god goes, there is no proof in my knowledge that something exists in the forms that we attribute to it. Then again there is no proof that denies its existence... Which makes the whole idea of it a "fancy" as Schopenhauer calls it...confusing aint it?

When you put it like that, yes. [​IMG]

9. oscarthewild

oscarthewild Well-Known Member

But he made some of us to rule over the others.

10. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

We are all God.

Made in our own image.

11. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Well-Known Member

What event moved you to write this, matadorpoeta?
    8 pints and a double maker's mark on the rocks. i was angry and inebriated last night, and i'm surprised i had the motor skills to type. actually, i've brought up the subject before, when sober, so my statement stands, though i apologize for my crudeness. those of you who are bringing up God and religion are missing the point. if you do not believe in God you can simply insert Nature or the Universe into my original post. the point is that we all come from the same Source. we were all made by the same Energy.

I've never known who my father was.........until now.
    "i am in the Father and the Father is in me." -- jesus

God made all of us... but who did he make better?
    is the lion better than the butterfly?

enough from me. i apologize for this thread. [​IMG]

12. blackplatano

blackplatano Well-Known Member

We are all God.

Made in our own image.

Blasphamy!

13. Shraka

Shraka Well-Known Member

8 pints and a double maker's mark on the rocks. i was angry and inebriated last night, and i'm surprised i had the motor skills to type. actually, i've brought up the subject before, when sober, so my statement stands, though i apologize for my crudeness. those of you who are bringing up God and religion are missing the point. if you do not believe in God you can simply insert Nature or the Universe into my original post. the point is that we all come from the same Source. we were all made by the same Energy.
    In which case, I agree with you.

is the lion better than the butterfly?
    I know which one I'd rather have trapped in my house with me.

14. blackplatano

enough from me. i apologize for this thread. [​IMG]

Don't.

If God made all of us...
    Then who made God?

Then who created God's creator, who then created him, what about God's creator's creator's creator?
    If you follow your argument it will have no end. Everything has a beginning. God is that beginning.

15. Shraka

Shraka Well-Known Member

Then who created God's creator, who then created him, what about God's creator's creator's creator?
    That's kinda the point.
    If you follow your argument it will have no end. Everything has a beginning. God is that beginning.
    Umm, how's about the big bang is that beginning? Or any of a number of other theories.

16. blackplatano

Umm, how's about the big bang is that beginning? Or any of a number of other theories.

So what existed before the big bang? the Big Bang requires many raw materials. those ingrediants must have existed somewhere, so there must have been something besides emptyness, which could be impossible.

17. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

I think we already had a thread where people made themselves look stupid trying to prove, and disprove, the existence of God. Do we need to do it all over again just to remind ourselves how to look foolish?

18. blackplatano

I think we already had a thread where people made themselves look stupid trying to prove, and disprove, the existence of God. Do we need to do it all over again just to remind ourselves how to look foolish?

Have you not stated that you don't believe jesus existed, even though there is scientific evidence to the contrary?

19. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

20. Shraka

Shraka Well-Known Member

So what existed before the big bang? the Big Bang requires many raw materials. those ingrediants must have existed somewhere, so there must have been something besides emptyness, which could be impossible.

As far as I'm concerned you can use that same argument when applied to god.

Have you not stated that you don't believe jesus existed, even though there is scientific evidence to the contrary?

There's scientific evidence he existed? This is news to me.