• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gluten Free Eating and Drinking

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Switched over to eating gluten free free diet this May to support my wife, who found out she had a severe gluten intolerance (not celiac). So I figured this would be a good place to share some good gluten free options...

The one thing I miss most is beer, which is funny because I was never a real beer drinker. Anyway, just git back from Cape May, which is a surprisingly gluten free friendly place, much more so than Brooklyn which is the surprise.

I tried a few good ones, recently Omission Lager which is GREAT, as well as New Planet Off the Grid Pale Ale. Daura is pretty good by Estrella, not as good as the last two. New Grist is a decent summer beer, but still a bit too tangy and Redbridge just sucks ass. Ciders are all good, my favorite is Strongbow, but even that is too sweet sometimes.

Anyway, obviously most meat and veggies are good, and we found some decent rice pastas for more Asian style dishes at home. Sweet Potato also is a primary attendee on our plates at dinner.

Just foud some decent dinner rolls too from 3 Bakers out of Philly, but at 200 calories a pop, pretty high caloric for what I'd like.

Anyway, anyone want to share some recipes/brands of gluten free stuff that they like?

indesertum

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
That's very nice of you to support your wife. Usually I hate on people who think gluten free diet means healthy but yours is the first legit reason I've heard. Mad props

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks...its funny, if you're not careful going gluten free can be less healthy fat wise and calorically (is that a word). Instead of wheat products to bind these gluten free foods, they use a lot more butter/lard artery clogging stuff.

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
you are a good man, ranger.

Gluten free diet is hard.

mgm9128

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Butter gets a bad rap. Don't believe what you've heard.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads