1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. drewinnyc

drewinnyc Well-Known Member

BTW, I am a BoO L but Gitman small.

Gitman vintage does not fit anything like BoO at all! it's much closer to brooks bros golden fleece than BoO.

I love BoO for their fit - but the quality is pretty bad for how much they cost.

I had a few shirts copied from a BoO large at a custom tailor. 10x better with 1/2 the price.

2. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

I love BoO for their fit - but the quality is pretty bad for how much they cost.

I disagree. I brought my gray batiste to my tailor yesterday to have it taken in (should have bought a L rather than XL) and he was very complementary about the fabric and construction. He knows more about tailoring than 99% of the people on this board. Not all BoO is perfect, but blanket statements like this don't hold water.

Gitman vintage does not fit anything like BoO at all! it's much closer to brooks bros golden fleece than BoO.

You are right about this. Totally different fit. Gitman shirts are excellent quality but give me hip flare.

3. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

Disagree with this as this is all dependant upon body type. That's the only thing that would explain being a Boo L and a Gitman small since I'm a BoO small and a Gitman small and they both fit slim. There's no way I could fit an XS or XXS if it even existed in Gitman. I posted side by side comparisons in a recent purchases thread about a month back. The hem on the BoO; however, is definately cleaner and has less hip flare than the Gitman, but then again there's no doubt the Gitman is design for tucking but still work for going untucked.

4. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Well-Known Member

^ How much were they?

I can try to check it out tomorrow after work hopefully, I can snap a phone pic if I go.

Hmm...50-60 I believe 50% markdown.

Yeah that would be great! snap a pic!

5. mr bunbury

mr bunbury Well-Known Member

[​IMG] im looking for this one! can anyone do a pick up? pm please!
    If anybody picks up this shirt for me in large, I'll pay shipipng + a proxy fee! Just PM me!

6. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

Disagree with this as this is all dependant upon body type. That's the only thing that would explain being a Boo L and a Gitman small since I'm a BoO small and a Gitman small and they both fit slim. There's no way I could fit an XS or XXS if it even existed in Gitman. I posted side by side comparisons in a recent purchases thread about a month back. The hem on the BoO; however, is definately cleaner and has less hip flare than the Gitman, but then again there's no doubt the Gitman is design for tucking but still work for going untucked.

i'm a small in BoO and a small in gitman. gitman fits a bit bigger, but smaller in teh neck.

7. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

im looking for this one!

can anyone do a pick up? pm please!

i got this shirt from context a few days ago. love it.

8. kinetic

kinetic Well-Known Member

i got this shirt from context a few days ago. love it.

Have it also, wear it all the time. Great shirt.

9. Jpreme87

I need that shirt!!!

10. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Can they change thier collar size please?

15.5 on the medium is retarded, I need atleast a 16.5 or 17.

Suppose MTM Is the only way for me.

11. sipang

sipang Well-Known Member

collar size is just fine for my skinny neck, while the BoO have a great fit I find their collars a tad too big

12. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

sorry to bug, timpo

this one ?

[​IMG]

do any online retailers have this in a medium?

13. APK

APK Well-Known Member

Can they change thier collar size please?

15.5 on the medium is retarded, I need atleast a 16.5 or 17.

Suppose MTM Is the only way for me.

Isn't that the standard neck size on mediums? I don't feel like my neck is particular slender and anything more than a 15.5 neck swims on me.

14. Jpreme87

do any online retailers have this in a medium?

context just had that a few days ago!

I think someone bought it!

call em' up to make sure!

15. Ry'on

Ry'on Well-Known Member

Gitman just updated their website with some samples of the fall collection and an updated stockist list. Not every shop is on there, but you can get a better idea at least. I love the home page image myself. http://www.gitmanvintage.com

16. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

The F/W shirts seem a lot quirkier than S/S which I thought were pretty conventional patterns and designs. I'm not too familiar with Gitman before this past season so is this pretty much in line with how their previous F/W collections have been?

17. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

context just had that a few days ago!

I think someone bought it!

call em' up to make sure!

thanks, ill find out.

i did email them about this shirt, and they are sold out and will not be re-stocking it. does anyone know where i can find this in a medium?

[​IMG]

18. Jpreme87

^ i did email them about this shirt, and they are sold out and will not be re-stocking it. does anyone know where i can find this in a medium? Call up Blackbird Ballard!

19. djh

djh Well-Known Member

The F/W shirts seem a lot quirkier than S/S which I thought were pretty conventional patterns and designs. I'm not too familiar with Gitman before this past season so is this pretty much in line with how their previous F/W collections have been?

They've only been around for one season. Patterns are pulled from their archives, iirc, so it's stuff they've made in the past (30+ years ago)

20. ToruOkada

ToruOkada Well-Known Member

So they've been making shirts for 30 years but they only recently began making shirts under their own label?