1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. chiggah

chiggah Well-Known Member

How do you guys remove stains on white gitman ?

Should i take them to dry clean ?

2. sleepsatfouram

sleepsatfouram Well-Known Member

I'll just get a stain remover spray, spray it on the stain, give it a rub for about 10 secs then wash the shirt.
    I have tried dry cleaning but if it is a stubborn stain, dry cleaning won't be any different (maybe my dry cleaner sucks) from doing what I usually do with the spray.

You can give dry cleaning a go and see if you like the results.

3. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Well-Known Member

Use oxyclean as a spot treatment, then wash. When applying the oxy make sure to rub it in real good. After wash inspect - if the stain is still there, do not dry. Soak it in a bucket of either high concentration oxy clean + water or in white vinegar + water over night and repeat the pretreat and wash. If that doesn't work... I'd say you're screwed. I've never not had it work tho.

4. tunneler

tunneler Well-Known Member

Saw my banana-print Gitman shirt from last in Entourage -

5. whyme?

whyme? Well-Known Member

finally bit the bullet and got a made to measure. (sucks falling between small and medium off-the-shelf). anyway, well worth it in my case. fit is spot on.

on an unrelated note - any way to avoid creasing? my gitman oxfords crease up like crazy over the course of a day (morning, even).

i don't doing anything special to them.. just a gentle wash followed by a hot steam iron once they're dry.

TIA.

6. JChance

JChance Well-Known Member

Summer sale just started on the main website.

7. whyme?

whyme? Well-Known Member

anyone with experience with the gitman / unionmade suiting? how is the sizing?

i've been on the lookout for a nice cotton suit.

i'm a true 15 (as in, between S & M in their oxfords.) 30" waist.

8. ASpec818

ASpec818 Well-Known Member

Interested in trying my first Gitman Vintage. How do these shirts fit, say compared to a mass produced button up like Uniqlo or Jcrew? Are they slim fitting?
    For reference, an x-small uniqlo chambray fits me pretty well at 5'5 138lbs.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2015
  9. kentpope

kentpope Well-Known Member

They are slim-fitting. You should probably try an XS for Gitman, as the sizing is consistent with J Crew and Uniqlo. Unfortunately it's a bit tougher to find XS and many (if not most) stockiest don't carry them.

10. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Well-Known Member

I actually think they run smaller than the same jcrew slim size, they are more fitted in the chest

11. sleepsatfouram

I would say that it fits like Uniqlo with a nicer cut on the body and roomier arm

12. tunneler

tunneler Well-Known Member

13. rusticchasm

It's going to be a bad season for my bank account....

14. rydude87

rydude87 Member

How is the fit on the shorts? I wish they had size 31 but it seems like they are only made in even numbers. Are they true to size?

15. rusticchasm

16. sleepsatfouram

Not really feeling this collection but Tubac Trail, Patchwork Print and Paisley is really interesting. Would want to try out their western shirts.

17. aaronj15

aaronj15 Well-Known Member

classic blue OCBDs worth the price tag? deciding between these, BB extra slim, or Epaulet.

18. bry2000

bry2000 Well-Known Member

19. aaronj15

aaronj15 Well-Known Member

do the classic GV OCBD in blue ever hit the sale? I'm in the market for a shirt I can beat up in the office and on weekends, figured the GV offers a solid fit along with a decent collar

20. kentpope

kentpope Well-Known Member

Every once in awhile they'll pop up on sale but they're not discounted as often as the seasonal designs.