1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. OccultaVexillum

OccultaVexillum Well-Known Member

Awesome, thank you.
    Seems I'm XL in most brands but for whatever reason L in J Crew shirting. I remember somebody saying GV was in the same line as J Crew but wanted to check.

2. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

Depends on what shirt you're looking at. If you're looking at prints or the more exotic fabrics, I would not go with J. Crew sizing since the waist taper can be pretty intense. Oxfords, etc you can be safe with the same size. Then again my cherry seersucker fits like a M but I bought a S, so really you have to gamble a lot

3. StraitUpSuburbs

StraitUpSuburbs Active Member

It should also be noted that Gitmans are pretty shirt-to-shirt via sizing. If I'm ordering online, I just brave it was a L and it usually works out well, but small variations might occur. Obviously if you can try it on initially, great, but as someone said some of the more eccentric patterns tend to be a bit more slimming (this could because they use lighter fabrics on em, but I'm no expert.)

4. StraitUpSuburbs

Also, what brands are you an XL in usually? Might be able to give more insight.

5. eskamobob1

eskamobob1 Well-Known Member

Hey guys. Im currious about sizing on the gitman flannels. I am trying to scrounge around and find an indigo flannel dot in red for sale, but first I want to figure out my size. NWT measurements of the small fit me perfectly. Does that mean I should size up one? or will I be fine with a small?

6. kentpope

kentpope Well-Known Member

I'd go with a small. I've heard some people say that flannel shirts are more likely to shrink but in general Gitman shirts don't shrink. I generally air dry them anyway.

7. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Well-Known Member

they're washed and shrunk @ the factory post creation

8. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Well-Known Member

which one did you get? I got the navy/green madras and it is long as hell. Think I'm gonna get it turns into a short sleeve at the tailor- everywhere was sold out of the s/s in my size, but now unionmade has em... don't think my tailor could shorten it much, though

9. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

Yea same one. You don't think your tailor could shorten it because of the hem shape? I've never actually taken a Gitman to the tailor. I'm 5'7" and buy a large, usually just roll with the longness but this one is extra long.

10. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

11. rusticchasm

rusticchasm Well-Known Member

i've had my tailor shorten it and follow the hem line. works well if you have a competent tailor

12. StraitUpSuburbs

13. kentpope

kentpope Well-Known Member

Just a guess, but it looks a bit like chambray.

14. StraitUpSuburbs

15. tjonesd2

tjonesd2 Well-Known Member

Partially the hem shape, partially because the hem is close to the bottom button already.

16. StopRupp

StopRupp Active Member

F/W '14 is now up on End Clothing

17. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

Thanks guys. Went ahead and bought it. Love club collars. I've never ordered a GBV with numbered sizing (14.5") Is the fit any different on these or can I assume it will be in line with a usual size small?

18. tunneler

tunneler Well-Known Member

Mohawk General Store also has some other prints.

19. g transistor

g transistor Well-Known Member

fw prints suck really hard so far. The prints are getting dumber and dumber, like trying to be too ironic or whatever. Hardwood floor print, jean ass print, etc... like the hot topic of button ups

20. stevent

stevent Well-Known Member

Yeah think I'm getting just the blackwatch to keep in tradition with having them the past 3 years