1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gitman Brothers Vintage

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by ToruOkada, Apr 13, 2009.

1. Jpreme87

Jpreme87 Well-Known Member

2. mttlee0

mttlee0 Well-Known Member

heads up! ss madras in medium!

http://www.contextclothing.com/item.php?id=921

Mine, all mine [​IMG] I almost quit on finding this shirt today, since Detour e-mailed me that they have been trying to get more for weeks and just heard back that it will no longer be available.

Thanks for the heads up. If the medium is a bit large, I'm sure I can find a taker on Buy&Sell.

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Length on these is crazy not to mention the huge jumps in sizing across the chest.

4. mttlee0

Agreed. The medium oxfords fit me fine in the chest & shoulders, I'm guessing b/c the material is thicker. The shirt will definitely need a hem.

The madras will be a thinner material, but I'm hoping it still works.

5. Jpreme87

Mine, all mine [​IMG] I almost quit on finding this shirt today, since Detour e-mailed me that they have been trying to get more for weeks and just heard back that it will no longer be available.

Thanks for the heads up. If the medium is a bit large, I'm sure I can find a taker on Buy&Sell.

it fits true to sz im a Medium myself. and was impressed on the fit.

6. mttlee0

7. mdla

mdla Well-Known Member

Bloomingdales SF has several short sleeves in L/XL for around $55 right now.

8. podpod

podpod Well-Known Member

I must say, I've been very impressed with these the construction and quality of these shirts. I have a chambray one, which is excellent during the summer. Small fit me like a glove and I couldn't be happier with an oxford shirt. I keep hearing good things from BoO, which I'll have to try out one of these days.

9. iDoc

iDoc Well-Known Member

Barneys Boston now carries Gitman Vintage. About 3 different plaid styles in stock, priced at $150.

10. Jpreme87

11. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

12. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

13. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

The same two I ordered. I thought they looked the best to me and I was happy to see they were both available. Can't wait until they get here. Come the end of September though, I probably wil have forgotten about them until they arrive at my door. Nice.
    Fly mafakas think alike. The medium (the size I ordered) was gone in the plaid shirt when I checked this morning, so hopefully I got the last or one of the last ones and it didnt sell out before my order. I cant wait for that late-September surprise.

14. Tooch4321

Tooch4321 Well-Known Member

what kind of buttons do they use on these oxfords...plastic or shell?

15. WhoKnewI

WhoKnewI Well-Known Member

so i washed my gitman white oxford today and saw a little surprise. There are a bunch of black threads sewn inside the button placket. how the fuck does that even happen?!?

16. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

what kind of buttons do they use on these oxfords...plastic or shell?

look like plastic to me. not that I would be able to tell the difference, though.

17. MiniW

MiniW Well-Known Member

can't tell the difference? ^ I'd be too ashamed to post here if I were you.

18. BBSLM

BBSLM Well-Known Member

can't tell the difference? ^ I'd be too ashamed to post here if I were you.
    well im not a douche, so I really couldnt care less what my buttons are made of.

19. skunkworks

skunkworks Well-Known Member

well im not a douche, so I really couldnt care less what my buttons are made of.

You might be on the wrong forum then, because this is precisely the sort of place that cares about this.

20. indesertum

indesertum Well-Known Member

look like plastic to me. not that I would be able to tell the difference, though.

tap the buttons on your teeth (or the back of your fingernails). plastic just feels. mmm. i dunno plastic. mop or shell has a kind of metallic feeling. you should be able to tell. try it and you'll know what i mean