1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Girl with the Dragon Tattoo (Movie)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by furo, Dec 22, 2011.

1. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

It is an excellent story and a very good movie. However, I enjoyed the original Swedish version a lot more for the following reasons:
    -In the original, Lisbeth was darker and seemed more truly damaged and scary in her look and actions.
    -Lots of little things were more like being in Sweden rather than a generic European country
    -The mannerisms of the supporting characters seemed more Scandinavian than in this version
    -I have to admit that it is hard for me to see Christopher Plumber and not think "Sound of Music" :)
    -The offices for Millenium were too fancy in the new version. It is a struggling magazine?
    -Bad guys in the original were all a bit more creepy and dark.

I may rent the original version again.

2. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

I agree w/ pocketsquareguy... the feel of the original is much more authentic and truer to the feel of the books which are (unsurprisingly) better than the movie as well.. there is certainly a more "cultural" tone to the Swedish version and yes it is darker and a bit more graphic. +1 to C.Plumber comment but my real problem is w/ Craig. They cast Rooney Mara so as to avoid any connection the audience might have w/ a known actress...and then they put fucking James Bond in for Blomqvist! he's too good looking for the Blomqvist character.. and he's f'g 007. Too much suspension of disbelief for me there....

3. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Fuck this movie. They changed the god damn ending for no god damn reason. Motherfuckers.

4. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

We rented the Swedish version, once again, and will watch it tonight. I've never watched a foreign film, then the Hollywood version much less watching the original yet again. I guess that says what I think of the story and the characters.

I'm sure Mrs. Pocketsquare and I will enjoy dissecting every little bit of it.

5. Reynard369

Reynard369 Well-Known Member

Blomqvist is a good looking dude, I don't know what you're talking about.

6. Kid Nickels

I mean he's not bad looking... I guess he's average. Nothing in the book gave me the impression that he was swoon-worthy. And certainly the Swedish actor in the original exemplifies that look. Just think Daniel Craig is a bit over the top.

7. boogaboogabooga

boogaboogabooga Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 6, 2012
  8. Reynard369

He's described as good looking at least a couple times in the series.

9. fir3fox

fir3fox Well-Known Member

And very athletic for his age.

He whipped the shit out of Ethan Hunt in an elevator parking garage.

oh wait.

10. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

The sad thing is that in real life he's only two years older than Tom Cruise

11. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Seriously. He looks like an old catcher's mitt.

12. Blog Marley

Blog Marley Well-Known Member

Some idiot sitting next to me said oscar after the movie ended. I watched the original earlier today and it's so much better although certain elements of the remake I consider an improvement, nearly all aesthetically - like Martin's house.

13. Kid Nickels

BRAVO! :bigstar: OSCAR! :lol:

Last edited: Jan 8, 2012
  14. Xhale12

Xhale12 Well-Known Member

She looked incredible. I love that badass look on the right women.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2012
  15. David Zaritsky

David Zaritsky Well-Known Member

Special sneak peak and announcement of who provided many of the shirts for The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo for Daniel Craig...in addition Craig wears this designer in his personal life.

16. GusW

GusW Well-Known Member

Interesting story about Save Khaki. They sound comfortable.

17. David Zaritsky

David Zaritsky Well-Known Member

They are! As are the shirts...here I am sporting the Petrol shirt as seen in the Girl...Tattoo. [​IMG][​IMG]

18. gort

gort Well-Known Member

Watched this today...pretty good. When she got her revenge on the fat dude, I was like :slayer::slayer::slayer:

How was the ending changed?

Last edited: Mar 25, 2012
  19. Reynard369

IIRC, in the movie she assumed a relative's identity and was living in London. In the book she was smuggled out of Sweden by that relative and moved to Australia and married a sheep or cattle farmer and ran the business (very successfully) after he died. It's really not all that important.

20. imatlas

imatlas Well-Known Member

I agree it's not that important,except that it would be hard to hide from your family while living under your cousin's name a short flight away.