1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gilt users: beware.

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Mr. Moo, May 12, 2010.

1. cjl2g

cjl2g Well-Known Member

2. aeglus

aeglus Well-Known Member

Both times Gilt told me that they'd ship items to me a month later I got the item in less than a week instead. Those fucking assholes.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

Actually, im' gonna switch and suggest you just not use gilt anymore. Will probably mean more xxl rick owens stuff for kunk.

4. shademore

shademore Well-Known Member

+1. I've ordered close to a dozen things from them, always on time or early. And when they screwed up my gf's order twice, they generously made up for it with store credit.

It's a large company, with probably 4 dozen sales a week between their 3 sites. That means several thousands of orders a week. They're bound to have a few slip-ups every now and then, due to stupid computer glitches.

Try and be a little less demanding of instant gratification. We (humans) are so fucking spoiled these days. It'll get to you eventually. Maybe even tomorrow! If you're still pissed off once it gets to you, call them and bitch about it, and maybe they'll try and compensate you for your 'troubles'.

Have you ever actually tried to get a straight answer from call center Bangalore? After you wade through the "English is not mother tongue" diction you get to ask, then demand, then try not to get pissed while your Customer service representative reads back some stock question off a screen so they can supply you with the preloaded, screened and corporate approved answer.

"so sir you are asking that you would like to know when your item will ship?"

" orders generally ship within 3 business days. Excuse me sir, you said its been a week. Hmm, let me see are you asking that you would like to know...."

I hope it cheeeap sale for you.

5. JoyDiffusion

JoyDiffusion Well-Known Member

^^Yes, actually, I was the one who called about my gf's orders that didn't ship on time. Didn't have any language problems with the people I spoke to. As far as I know, their call centers are located in the US.

My point was more about the OP's impatience. He was not complaining about any difficulty of communication, merely that his package would take a full two weeks to arrive (when really it's just been 6 days so far). To consider that unacceptable(!) for an online order from such a large company, is what's unbelievable in my opinion. Since obviously, it's not their typical delivery time. As I said... be patient, and it'll arrive. It's not like it's a $20k watch or something. For all we know, he ordered $20 worth of socks.

6. Dai19

Dai19 Well-Known Member

You're so delightfully dramatic, Mr. Moo.

I used to be a fan...

7. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

packages rerouted for free when i'm not home can't complain there

8. Scooba

Scooba Well-Known Member

I have only ordered once from Gilt and got it 3 days later. I was impressed with how quickly it arrived.

9. celery

celery Well-Known Member

For all we know, he ordered $20 worth of socks.

Yes, but they were deerskin socks.

10. zippyh

zippyh Well-Known Member

Well when they give you a tracking number and you look it up on the UPS website, you'll see that it is UPS 3-Day.
    I'm pretty sure it'll be.. They've always shipped it that way for all my orders.

That may be true in your experience but it is not universal.
    I've had a couple orders ship 3-day when I selected ground but the majority of my orders are shipped ground which mean 5 or more days to the west coast.

The expression is "I couldn't care less." Get it? You care so little, that you can you cannot care less than you already do.

Sorry, I have vowed to police this incorrect usage on the interwebz.

Thank you.

11. rach2jlc

rach2jlc Well-Known Member

Yes, but they were deerskin socks.
    [​IMG] Given Gilt's no-returns policy, if they end up being regular calf-skin socks, there will be hell to pay! BUT, srsly, if this kind of stuff gets you bent out of shape, take a breather. It's a non-issue. There are many reasons to order (or NOT to order) from Gilt... but this shipping thing seems minor and not something that will dissuade most. Gilt's relatively uninspired items, not-particularly amazing prices, lack of returns, "gilt-only" designer items, etc. seem much more damaging.

12. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

I've always had great customer service and shipping from Gilt. Always before delivery date etc. And they were very helpful over the phone. So you had one bad experience, Hot Damn lets boycott them forever! Relax Moo

13. Nereis

Nereis Well-Known Member

If what OP posted is true, it's unbelievable that they would still claim to ship in three days or not even contact OP to explain themselves. Understating and overdelivering in terms of service is the cornerstone of good business.

14. Hummingbird

Hummingbird Well-Known Member

ITT: Butthurt and self entitlement by Moo. I have only had problems with Gilt when they do the sales where they have to place the order to the vendor after you buy the item. These are stupid, and I've had 2/3 shoe orders fail because of this. In all instances they have issued me store credits and apologies. For regular orders, it's generally a quick turnaround to shipping, and the items are typically received in 3-5 days after the ship date.

15. Hehlol

Hehlol Well-Known Member

If you're upset about shipping time, wait till you read about how some of Gilt Groupe's merchandise isn't the same quality as the rest of the designer's work - it's reduced quality for a reduced price.

I imagine you can start a new thread with the discovery that heavily discounted designer goods come at a price. [​IMG]

16. onion

onion Well-Known Member

I ordered something last Wednesday, May 5th. The item had an arrival date of May 12th-14th. Gilt is on the East coast; I am in CA. I called Gilt yesterday, May 10th asking why my item wasn't shipped, and was told it was shipping that day. It didn't ship. I called today and got the same answer, along with a spiel about how Gilt UPS Ground shipping takes 3 days to get to CA, and I should get it Friday. No, Gilt, it doesn't. UPS 3-Day takes 3 days... UPS Ground takes one full week (I have been told this lie a few times by them). At best, the item will ship tomorrow, the 12th, to be here on the 19th - two full weeks after I ordered it. I asked about their $40 overnight option, and if it would be possible to switch the item to that option, and that was a no go because "the order has already been processed." Unbelievable.

Buyer beware with them. I used to be a fan...

[​IMG]

17. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Wait so when you order something online you run the risk of not getting it right away?

Doesn't sound like very efficient risk management if you ask me.

18. Nereis

Nereis Well-Known Member

I really don't know why everyone is jumping on OP. If what he says is true then there are serious problems with customer service. Really we should be supporting the customer, not the business that keeps giving stock answers or can't hire people smart enough to do their due diligence on their own shipping system.

19. JohnGalt

JohnGalt Well-Known Member

reading the OP I thought that this was a troll threak.

reading through, and seeing that it is not, i have lost just a little more faith in humanity.

20. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

If you're upset about shipping time, wait till you read about how some of Gilt Groupe's merchandise isn't the same quality as the rest of the designer's work - it's reduced quality for a reduced price.

I imagine you can start a new thread with the discovery that heavily discounted designer goods come at a price. [​IMG]

Wait so when you order something online you run the risk of not getting it right away?

Doesn't sound like very efficient risk management if you ask me.

Like someone already said, if you want something instantly, buy in instore. You live in San right? I find it hard to believe that there is something GILT sells that you cannot get either in the city or by ordering from a trusted brick-and-mortar in LA (from which USPS priority takes a day or two, tops).