1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Getting involved with a single mother

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by LooksGood, Jan 31, 2013.

1. landshark

landshark Well-Known Member

I wrote that any woman who has a baby out of wedlock is a tramp. The fact that she is divorced means this wouldn't apply to her (obviously), and your assumption that it would apply shows how much of an idiot you are.

Furthermore, being divorced is probably as bad or even more shameful.

2. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

oh i see you're a moron. thanks for clearing that up.

3 people like this.
  3. landshark

If you disagree, feel free to explain yourself.

4. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

well, among many obvious points, you seemingly hold a mother solely responsible for having a child and make no mention of a father

5. itsstillmatt

itsstillmatt Well-Known Member

well, she is solely responsible, so while he might be a moron, it isn't because of that assumption.

6. landshark

I'm glad you brought that up. It certainly is the responsibility of the woman to not get pregnant before she is married.

There is nothing moronic about being against divorce and children out of wedlock. There are serious consequences to all involved for both cases.

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
  7. Teger

Teger Well-Known Member

and what role does the hypothetical father play in your social scenario? completely free of any responsibility?

8. landshark

I believe once there is a man involved, he is responsible as well to be careful not to impregnate a woman who is not his wife. He would owe it to the woman and the child to be married and have a stable family.

9. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

^^

I'm amazed and not amazed this attitude still exists. There is a wealth of anecdotal evidence that these accidental kids grow up in awful homes with people that feel trapped and resent them. There's a remedy for unwanted kids but I suppose you're the type which doesn't support such remedies either and wants to force people to be miserable with a mistake.

Or you want to force one party to, for example, live with a raging alcoholic physical abuser? In this scenario you think it's better for someone to maintain a home rather than seek a separation/divorce?

Out of curiosity, this woman in your scenario is a tramp, what do you label the guy then?

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  10. landshark

You are only amazed because of what our society now deems these things as acceptable when they shouldn't be.

It is the responsibility for both parents to provide a loving home and family. If they are raging alcoholics, then they are failing. If they abuse their spouse, they are failing.
    It is not *that* difficult to have a decent family and love your spouse. Someone who cant do this, is seriously lacking in maturity.

If it is a relationship that you would resent, then why would you be sleeping with that person in the first place?

As for unwanted kids, I know the remedies. I don't think that they should be encouraged or even considered as an option for a woman. What kind of person thinks, "I'll have sex with people I'm attracted to but would resent in the long term, and if they get me pregnant I'll just go have an abortion?"

The father is a deadbeat if he doesn't accept responsibility.

This all comes down to accepting the consequences of your actions. Fathering a child, getting pregnant from casual (or even monogamous) sex, etc.

Someone who seeks out an abortion, is an abusive spouse, an alcoholic, a deadbeat, etc. is avoiding responsibility and consequences of their actions.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2013
  11. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Its not easy, either. So when it does break down, what do you advise?

Because the resentment sets in later. In your world you can't get some without a formal commitment. In the real world people fuck like rabbits and make mistakes. You want to get stuck permanently with someone that you were just having a weekend fling with??

Its called feeling trapped and guys do it all the time. I understand you have this pollyanna mindset, but like it or not people are attracted to other people and want to have sex without necessarily looking at that person as a life partner.

I knew a dude that got his HS GF pregnant, they had the kid, he went into the military, they tried hard but it was a nightmare. Bad move. Their lives were permanently damaged.

Its also about accepting reality. If you get someone pregnant and don't see that person being a commitment for a lifetime, do the right thing and do the remedy. Its better for society. We have enough fatherless vagabond kids who just end up becoming part of the welfare rolls.

12. landshark

"Its not easy, either. So when it does break down, what do you advise?"

No, it's not easy but that's the point. It's a risk that actually exists, not something we can wish away or "delete" with abortion.

"Because the resentment sets in later. In your world you can't get some without a formal commitment. In the real world people fuck like rabbits and make mistakes. You want to get stuck permanently with someone that you were just having a weekend fling with??"

Mistakes have consequences and if you aren't willing to accept the risk of pregnancy and fatherhood, then you should reconsider your decisions.

"Its called feeling trapped and guys do it all the time. I understand you have this pollyanna mindset, but like it or not people are attracted to other people and want to have sex without necessarily looking at that person as a life partner."

I don't deny that it happens, and It doesn't matter whether or not I like it. If people want to have sex they should accept the risks and consequences, like any other actions.

For example, If I don't want to work or earn money, I must accept that I cant pay my bills or keep my commitments. In the same way, If I have sex and impregnate a woman, I must accept that it is my responsibility and consequence of my actions, as should any man.

I may not necessarily want to work and have to pay my bills to survive, the same way I may want to have sex and not be responsible for the woman or her child.

"I knew a dude that got his HS GF pregnant, they had the kid, he went into the military, they tried hard but it was a nightmare. Bad move. Their lives were permanently damaged."

This is a great example. It shows the consequences of casual sex and pregnancy can be severe and devastating. That's why it should be taken seriously.

"Its also about accepting reality. If you get someone pregnant and don't see that person being a commitment for a lifetime, do the right thing and do the remedy. Its better for society. We have enough fatherless vagabond kids who just end up becoming part of the welfare rolls."

I'm sorry, but I don't accept that because someone regrets their decision by trivializing an important matter, they should be given a pass by having an abortion. The problem here is a lack of thought in decision making, not accepting the consequences, and not realizing the permanent significance of their actions.

What do you think is better: A society where people have casual sex, abortions, broken families, and live on welfare or a society where people value themselves physically, accept the consequences of their mistakes, raise children in loving homes and work to provide?

The reality is both sides are just a philosophy, our society just accepts the former and even encourages it.

13. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

OP, did you ever get in that?

14. imschatz

imschatz Well-Known Member

Based on the posts the OP made after this one in the Business/Career subforum .. I'm pretty much certain this thread was 100% BS right from the get go.

15. Neo_Version 7

Neo_Version 7 Well-Known Member

I should have known. There's no such thing as a mother that's "Victoria's Secret model hot". Well, aside from actual Victoria's Secret model mothers.

16. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

Something on the net took me to the match.co.jp splash page the other day, and I just clicked the best looking thumbnail of their sock puppet splash page profiles - girl was fucking smoking, had a kid though.

17. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

Those scenarios contain items which really are not mutually exclusive from one another... Just an FYI.

1 person likes this.
  18. landshark

You're right. Our society has examples of both in existence.

19. Bhowie

Bhowie Well-Known Member

Yeah, your mom.

1 person likes this.