1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Getting custom dress boots made, need inspiration

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by minhthemaster, Oct 3, 2012.

1. minhthemaster

minhthemaster Member

I'm in Warsaw and going to get some dress boots made, probably from Jan Kielman's. I'm planning to wear these for work, usually with a suit and sometimes business casual. Looking for some inspiration as I will have a lot of leeway in the design of these, any thoughts anyone?

2. unbelragazzo

unbelragazzo Well-Known Member

Dress boots and business casual don't really go together...you mean like balmoral boots?

3. minhthemaster

minhthemaster Member

Yea I was thinking of going balmoral button up boots?

4. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

5. minhthemaster

minhthemaster Member

Drool. Do you own a pair of these? Are there any special features that I should specifically request on the boot that would help with functionality, like something to help with grip?

6. bourbonbasted

bourbonbasted Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I do not. One of the many pairs of shoes that have caught my eye. I have many images saved for inspiration.

Accordingly, I'm not sure I'm the best one to give you tips on the bespoke process. Members aportnoy (just back today), fritzl and DWF are likely the most active bespoke shoe buying members, so they might have some more useful input in the commissioning process. Just thought I'd give you some pictures for inspiration.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2012
  7. mymil

mymil Well-Known Member