1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

GentlemensFootwear.com (CARMINA, EDWARD GREEN, DRAKES, CAPPELLI) - OFFICIAL AFFILIATE THREAD

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by steveyoo1983, Jun 2, 2013.

Tags:
  1. PartagasIV

PartagasIV Well-Known Member

Another interested party here for the Rain last Vegano Brown calf Chelsea. Pull tab and Danite?

1 person likes this.
  2. Osiris2012

Osiris2012 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the comparison and info regarding the suedes, think im a bit flat now though, would have sworn chocolate was this unique more awesome colour :p

3. MGD83

MGD83 Well-Known Member

I posted this in the Skoaktiebolaget thread as well:

Can somebody tell me why we don't do more MTOs on the Carmina Robert last? I have a suede balmoral boot on the Robert that I love, and I find it fits very similar to the Forest last but with a sharper almond toe. I can post some pics if anybody wants to see them.

Last edited: Aug 11, 2014
  4. V1KTA222

V1KTA222 Well-Known Member

+1 on the Robert being a great boot last.

5. BaldwinP

BaldwinP Well-Known Member

Lack of familiarity, probably. It's noticeable that different suppliers tend to get waves of MTOs on the same one or two lasts, mostly because they have customers who've had success with that last and want to keep ordering on the last they know fits. Rain, Forest and Simpson in particular seem to have had that effect, at least on Styleforum. It's probably a bit self-perpetuating with the suppliers too, since they see a last do well and order their stock shoes on that last, which means their customers are more likely to try that last and look for it again if they like it, and so it goes.

If you tell people "Robert fits like Forest but with a sharper toe, look at this!" you might be able to persuade Forest buyers to jump onto a Robert MTO. I mean, it sounds good to me- I know Forest is a good fit for me but I don't actually like the look of a lot of shoes on that last, so Robert might well be a good one for me if the right MTO boot came up.

6. anderz

anderz Well-Known Member

I might be interested in the vegano chelsea as well. Can you PM me the pricing information Steve? Also why not a York or a Tomir sole instead of Dainite? It would make it a more sleek boot than with Dainite?

.Anders

7. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

I am going to propose also Chelsea in a plum museum calf in case anybody is interested.

1 person likes this.
  8. New Shoes1

New Shoes1 Well-Known Member

I suspect it's partly lack of familiarity and partly due to the fact the Robert last is more narrow than the Forest last. There are always a few Simpson last GMTO's that get done, but it seems like most of the GMTO proposals that reach the magical number of six participants are in the wider Forest and Rain lasts.

9. anderz

anderz Well-Known Member

Which last and sole do you have in mind?

10. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

Rain last, the soles are negotiable but I would prefer leather

11. aldenwear

aldenwear Well-Known Member

[quote laufer" url="/t/350127/gentlemensfootwear-com-carmina-drakes-cappelli-finamore-official-affiliate-thread/3000#post_7304384"]I am going to propose also Chelsea in a plum museum calf in case anybody is interested.[/quote]

I Would join this so long as it is on soller or (second choices) rain or forest and available with a wide fitting. I am flexible as to sole, but have a slight preference for one that could have traction in ice and snow. But leather would be fine.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  12. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Is the proposed brown chukka in vegano brown? or a different color?

13. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

I believe Rain last is available in wide fitting. @steveyoo1983 can shed more light on this.

It looks like we are going for three different colors, one in suede, one in vegano brown and one in plum museum calf.

14. rydenfan

rydenfan Well-Known Member

Thanks. I could be interested in a vegano chukka depending on the specs

15. aldenwear

aldenwear Well-Known Member

Rain last is available in wide fitting. I am not sure if different widths can be ordered in same gmto. I would prefer soller over rain becaise rain past, I find, is too pointy-toed.

16. laufer

laufer Well-Known Member

I agree but for Museum calf I would want a dressier last.

17. jas0nt

jas0nt Well-Known Member

I don't know if it's been decided what brown but I'm happy with vegano brown.

So far we have three members expressing tentative interest.

@appoooh @dcjohnson and myself.

Specs are Rain last with 5 eyelets and dainite sole.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2014
  18. rc121

rc121 Well-Known Member

u can get different widths in a GMTO

19. dcjohnson

dcjohnson Well-Known Member

I'm happy with vegano.

1 person likes this.
  20. eddiemczee

eddiemczee Well-Known Member

I hope at some point the noix suede chukka makes a return.

1 person likes this.