1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

General Football Talk (that's soccer guys)

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by rdawson808, Aug 29, 2007.

1. rdawson808

rdawson808 Well-Known Member

On a different note, it appears that Grant is living up to people's expectations by being completely out-managed in the Carling Cup final.

I wish I could see this match. I don't really know either manager but I'd love to see Spurs take it. Just so that Chelsea loses. I want to see Abromovich get that pissy look on his face when his hundreds of millions of pounds can't buy him everything he wants.

b

2. matadorpoeta

matadorpoeta Well-Known Member

this pic is safe and doesn't show too much.
    BTW, this is the injury happening. Taylor goes recklessly .. and the rest is history.

[​IMG]

you are not allowed to go in with your cleats up like that, period. it doesn't matter if you go in 'hard' or not, or if you go in high or low. when you go in cleats first, you are always putting the other player at high risk for injury, and whether you touch him or not, it's a red. (think ronaldinho's red against england.)

the commentators i've heard say stupid things like he went in hard or he went in high. taylor's own manager suggested it was only worth a yellow. it's as if no one knows the laws of the game.

3. Guy Burgess

Guy Burgess Well-Known Member

Call me picky but they wouldn't be playing football if they led with any other part of their body when they tackled....

4. ibleedwhite

ibleedwhite Well-Known Member

taylor's own manager suggested it was only worth a yellow. it's as if no one knows the laws of the game.

What do you expect him to say? It's his own manager

5. benecios

benecios Well-Known Member

I was referring to Benecios's comment about the Italians playing shit in Europe.

b

I said INTER playing shit in Europe not "the Italians". When did Inter last win the Champions League/European Cup?? I will tell you,1965!

6. benecios

Its good to see that Mr Magoo has retracted his earlier comments about Taylor never being allowed to play again. The guy has a very short memory,it was only seven days ago when Eboue tried cutting Evra in half and then Flamini and Hoyte were chasing Nani round the pitch with studs flying everywhere. But then it was OK to try and finish someone's career because he was "showboating".
    And as for Gallas' behaviour at the end of the game,completely bizarre!!

7. rdawson808

I said INTER playing shit in Europe not "the Italians". When did Inter last win the Champions League/European Cup?? I will tell you,1965!

Ah, I mis-read it. Sorry. Chill out for christ's sake.

b

8. benecios

Ah, I mis-read it. Sorry. Chill out for christ's sake.

b

Sorry Bob.Mr Wenger has got me all wound up this weekend!

9. rdawson808

Sorry Bob.Mr Wenger has got me all wound up this weekend!

No worries. I read that first post and just thought "What's he talking about? Didn't AC Milan win Euro last year? Sheesh." Inter? Well, Inter's another matter.

b

10. EnglishGent

EnglishGent Well-Known Member

A fine victory against Chelsea yesterday, nice to have a trophy at the Lane again.

11. matadorpoeta

A fine victory against Chelsea yesterday, nice to have a trophy at the Lane again.

why are you in iowa?

12. EnglishGent

EnglishGent Well-Known Member

My kids are in Iowa and I didn't want to be a "two weeks for summer" dad.

13. matadorpoeta

My kids are in Iowa and I didn't want to be a "two weeks for summer" dad.

well done.

14. Chadley

Chadley Well-Known Member

Call me picky but they wouldn't be playing football if they led with any other part of their body when they tackled....

Unless your comment was tongue in cheek, there is a big difference between tackling cleats up or down.

15. benecios

Shock of the night!! An Arsenal team woefully short of confidence after being humiliated by Man U go to the San Siro and embarrass Milan.I don't know whether to laugh or cry?

16. Germanicus

Germanicus Well-Known Member

Shock of the night!! An Arsenal team woefully short of confidence after being humiliated by Man U go to the San Siro and embarrass Milan.I don't know whether to laugh or cry?

That Milan Team is past its best, Ancelotti will be gone at the end of the season and they´ll work on rebuilding the team.

You care about Arsenal? United will be back on top in a couple of weeks time and the title will be ours again.

First post in an american forum about football, that's great!

17. rdawson808

Looks like Roma is through. Vicunic just gave them 2-1. I'm a bit disappointed for RM as I have a soft-spot in my heart for them after their years of being roundly denounced because of the Galacticos dire performances.

Porto is up right now even though they're a man down.

b

18. water

water Well-Known Member

Chelsea strolled through. Thankfully Roma ousted Real.

The Arsenal match was still the highlight though.

19. strazzaque

strazzaque Well-Known Member

That Milan Team is past its best, Ancelotti will be gone at the end of the season and they´ll work on rebuilding the team.

This is shaping up to be one of the stories of the summer silly season.

Ancelotti gets the arse, potentially Rijkaard too, at Barca. He's a former Milanista, sooooo..... but wait, it's Jose, "Il Speciale Uno" Mourinho coming to stake his claim on Berlusconi's lira!

Please forgive my abominable Italian. ;]

20. aleksandr

aleksandr Well-Known Member

I have a quick question. How come liverpool played west ham last night and not inter milan?