1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. Bumble_Bee

Bumble_Bee Well-Known Member

Free ship at 8000SEK.

It's about 45 USD for a pair of run of the mill StC. You do get it much faster with Fedex than USPS.
    I believe they charge socks at a higher percentage 11%, not sure about shoe trees that is list as a separate entity.

2. dddrees

dddrees Well-Known Member

Yes, but the overall cost of purchasing through them with fees is still less than most if not all other retailers that I am aware of, correct?

3. Bumble_Bee

May be... may be not.

4. nickrut

nickrut Well-Known Member

Skoak is def the cheapest alternative out there. Until they have to open that us shop. Then it becomes more in line w everyone else.

5. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

Depending upon your make up for the shoe & if you get taxed aka hit by custom for example I had button boot done by stcrispin I paid 1560$ for them with custom it would be same price as U.S. Retailers

6. dddrees

Ok, my mistake but like I said both of my St Crispins were a while ago and through stateside retailers. Same cost overall, so still a good deal since you've done a good amount a business with this same people and they do provide excellent customer service.

7. TtownMD

I get that what I am confused about is for example today I paid total of 5100 sek$ this includes 50% cost of the shoe & 300 sek for postal service. So know my question is upon delivery I am going to pay 300sek$ less because I paid extra money for usps shipping. And shipping is free with 8000 sek$ dose that make sense sorry doing this with close phone

8. Bumble_Bee

Don't know, I am sure Skoab can work it out with you to your satisfaction.

Last edited: Sep 5, 2015
  9. TtownMD

Oh I was just curious about my question sorry I am not complaining or bitchinh in any way soak has been very kind & superb customer service that is why I buy from them :)

10. dddrees

Ok, same price. But the advantages of dealing with them still outweigh the others in my opinion. The fact that they are well established affiliate here who also happen to openly and rapidly communicate with their customers here and provide such excellent customer service. The fact that Leaves comes thru with some great make ups not to mention some rarer leathers not found elsewhere and not to mention such a large percentage of Pre-Order possibilities. Not to mention the fact he publishes his anticipated arrival list whichi greatly helps me determine what to MTO and which I can :embar:count on purchasing without MTO through them. Did I forget anything? oh yeah the fact his staff and mainly Gabriel to this point responds so quickly to questions and assistance via email

All in all Above and Beyound my normal expectations!!!

11. TtownMD

Was just curious so figured to ask :) regardless 40$ not a big issue etc

12. TtownMD

Agree with you 100% they have answered all my question & emails :)

13. dddrees

No, the way I remmember it is that if the total cost exceeds or crosses the threshold you'll pay initially because the initial payment doesn't cross the threshold. However once you pay the second and final payment then the total cost crosses the threshold so you second payment is less because then the shipping is also deducted as well.

14. TtownMD

Ah got yea thank you for answering my question I didn't know about it. And that was my original question I asked above :) and you gave me the answer & cleared it up bud. Thank you once again.

15. dddrees

Sorry, but I wasn't entirely sure what you were asking initially.

16. TtownMD

Not a problem what I was originally asking above but you answered it.

17. Ironist

Ironist Well-Known Member

Honestly, I'm thinking I would love to have a DOAK pair in TG73 to go with this. It's pretty sweet. I don't know how @RogerP got that deep reddish color on it. Really good lighting. I took some photos but they look washed out so I'm going to try taking more photos when its overcast.

18. TtownMD

I would be interested in it or jodhpur boots even with alligator strap but open to whatever

19. nickrut

nickrut Well-Known Member

I'll agree with you however nick at bespoke England is great too imo. I've only had good experiences with both he and Skoak

20. TtownMD

What all dose he sell?