1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. ValeriyMahmutov

ValeriyMahmutov Active Member

Here is how sew the well-known English footwear:
    Same hack-work, fraud and deception! ! !

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Last edited: May 20, 2014
  2. diadem

diadem Well-Known Member

It's obvious he's using a translator. Probably should try a different one.

3. ValeriyMahmutov

And here work of the modest Polish master:
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

4. HRoi

HRoi Well-Known Member

I really hate it when manual production of footwear use of plastic inadmissible this fraud!

5. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

My Gaziano & Girling shoes are way nicer than those polish monkstraps...they're frankly ugly....the last is very ugly and blobby...not attractive at all....

probably it was made using cheap materials and plastics giving it the blobby look

6. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

7. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

Also...those English shoes you posted...none of them have shoe trees in them...

For all I know...you just smashed the leather with your hands to make it look like they had been deformed due to poor construction...when in fact it may just be that you deformed them yourself...

It's like when you put a pair of shoes in a packed suitcase without shoe trees and when you pull them out the shoe has become mis-shapen.

8. ValeriyMahmutov

Many owners of the well-known English shoe firms and studio, for the sake of profit, operate the well-known names more than 100 years acquired by honest work. Clients buying and ordering English footwear, believe that will receive the product best in the world. Even if in manual production of footwear to replace skin with plastic, productivity can be increased at 10-15 times. And if not to do yet загибку as on a photo above, productivity can be increased still at 5-10 times. Thus the price of footwear remains the same.

9. ValeriyMahmutov

These photos I want to show conscientious work of the Polish master. If you don't see it....

10. JubeiSpiegel

How about making a thread for the Polish master, and stop spamming this thread?

Just a thought... :confused:

4 people like this.
  11. PCK1

PCK1 Well-Known Member

Agreed...this is not the appropriate thread for you to advertise.

1 person likes this.
  12. jssdc

jssdc Well-Known Member

I'll give a good ol +1 on that

13. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Well-Known Member

14. SoGent

SoGent Well-Known Member

holy shit more fraud & deception stfu please

2 people like this.
  15. jdanielca

jdanielca Well-Known Member

What is all this whinging about jeeeez

16. hoodog

hoodog Well-Known Member

I heard that G&G RTW shoes are gemmed. Thats incredibly fraudulent. Oh, the humanity!

17. Leaves

Leaves Well-Known Member

Been a while since I posted here, these just arrived at the shop though, wanted to share them.

G&G Hove in Vintage Oak.
    [​IMG]

G&G Isham, also in Vintage Oak (for myself actually).
    [​IMG]

G&G Kent (modified) in Vintage Cherry and Cherry Alligator.
    [​IMG]

G&G Westminster in Racing Green.
    [​IMG]

We also received a small restock of Sinatra, Gable and St. James II for those of you who might be interested. We have a larger restock incoming in June and some really nice new models rolling in this fall, please stay tuned for more info.

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    3 people like this.
  18. JubeiSpiegel

Any F width stock?

1 person likes this.
  19. DWFII

DWFII Well-Known Member

No, gemming is not, by itself, fraudulent. Nor are plastic/celastic toe puffs or plastic/celastic heel stiffeners.

It is when the customer is told that gemming is "as good as"; or some variation of "the strongest, highest quality method"; or misled into thinking that handmade, or near bespoke quality techniques or materials are being used; or simply when the customer is denied sufficient information to make a considered evaluation on his own, that the element of deception and fraud enters into the picture.

Aren't quality materials part of the high end RTW attraction? Aren't they? Aren't they supposed to be? Esp. at high end prices? Are plastic/celastic high end, quality materials? Maybe for you but for people expecting...as a result of PR or advertising claims...quality materials to be used throughout the shoe, even where they can't be seen, there is something deceptive going on.

Isn't the way a shoe is put together essential to the very concept of quality? Is constructing a shoe so that it looks like it is handwelted when in fact it is essentially cement construction--isn't there an element of deception there...nevermind indifference... especially when the customer has no way of knowing that?

I have long since ceased to wonder at the gullibility of the average consumer--I suspect it is a deliberate choice. It is easier to allow yourself to be fooled...to buy into the reassurances that are being spoon fed to you...than to go to all the effort of learning and, heaven forbid, actually deciding for yourself.

--

Last edited: May 21, 2014
    2 people like this.
  20. daizawaguy

daizawaguy Well-Known Member

When I hear this and I think of those who want leather soles for tradition...just get the wensum, and have a shoe with a synthetic sole that lasts forever...