• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, it has been around four years since I picked up my first (and only) pair of G&Gs, and I just wanted to do a little photo update. If this does not show the worth of a good pair of shoes (with proper maintenance), then I do not know what will! They are still on their first sole, but I have worn them fairly frequently. At least a few times a month. They have been polished and conditioned after every wear. They are Grants on the TG73 last. Without a doubt the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

in stitches

Stylish Dinosaur
Spamminator Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you certainly take good care of them. kudos. they look great.

no frills

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So, it has been around four years since I picked up my first (and only) pair of G&Gs, and I just wanted to do a little photo update. If this does not show the worth of a good pair of shoes (with proper maintenance), then I do not know what will! They are still on their first sole, but I have worn them fairly frequently. At least a few times a month. They have been polished and conditioned after every wear. They are Grants on the TG73 last. Without a doubt the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

FOUR years old? That's amazing. Do you have taps at the heel and/or toe?

Great job and thanks for sharing!

Newcomer

Stylish Dinosaur
Supporting Member
Reaction score

you certainly take good care of them. kudos. they look great.

Thanks bud! As a poor student, I have always tended to take care of my things :).

Wow - you take great care of them!

Look beautiful!

Thanks a bunch.

FOUR years old?  That's amazing.  Do you have taps at the heel and/or toe?

Great job and thanks for sharing!

No toe or heel taps, just the little plastic bit at the back. Now, mind, you, I do have the advantage of living in the south where I try my best to walk from air conditioned car to air conditioned office / building. But I am fairrrrly OCD. You can see some areas where I kicked the stairs though, scuffed them up, etc.

Really, it amazes me how great shoes look with good care. I swear by the elixir of the gods that is Renovateur.

JonathanCWalker

Reaction score
Great Shoe

addedfuel

Reaction score
Newcomer, those are exquisite! I love the look of worn leather though yours have been barely worn.

stevent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

sup

Anybody know why they crease by the big toe like that? Mine have the same crease and it bugs me a bit, sizing seems spot on. Thought it was cause I got a return but seem to see it quite a bit

biged781

Reaction score
Anybody know why they crease by the big toe like that? Mine have the same crease and it bugs me a bit, sizing seems spot on. Thought it was cause I got a return but seem to see it quite a bit

Because that's where your foot bends?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads