1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures, e

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by luk-cha, Apr 7, 2011.

1. grc1

grc1 Well-Known Member

Arrgh. Anyone figure out how to navigate an iphone upload from a photo library? SF's telling me the picture size is too big! :(

2. TtownMD

TtownMD Well-Known Member

3. JubeiSpiegel

JubeiSpiegel Well-Known Member

I just learned how to clear out my PM/conversation page, i'm pretty impressed with myself...haha!

4. JubeiSpiegel

Some FYI's on the new website:
    -Pics have to be 1MB > to upload directly (if not hosting elsewhere).
    -You have to close out all of your old PM's (now conversations) to make the notification number go away. You can do this by checking the box on any old conversation, selecting all, clicking the "leave conversation" option, and applying. You will need to do this for every page of conversations you have.
    -Revisit your preferences, privacy's, & alerts. A lot has changed/been added, so you will need to reconfigure.
    -Subscritions have been replaced with "watched threads".
    -If you have a B&S post, they are now considered "resources"

Some suggestions to SF:
    -Consider an image compressor for directly uploaded images. Lot's of people having trouble understanding the requirements, especially when uploading from their phones (which is quite common).
    -Consider expanding your emoticon selection, I don't think this forum can survive without the "Foo" emoji.

Thank you for the new website.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2017 at 8:37 AM
    Easily Amused likes this.
  5. ino68

ino68 Well-Known Member

There's a ton of white space on the iPhone mobile view as well, huddler's was less fancy but it worked really well!

6. saurabh

saurabh Well-Known Member

Got notification from G&G Savile row store that my Urban Commando boots are shipped out. Very excited for these.

Urban Commando - Deco Square (Dark Beluga Patina)
    IMG_2719.jpg

7. JubeiSpiegel

Some B&S FYI's, since i'm in the thick of it :D

-If you want a cover image on your resource post in the main B&S section (instead of a blank white box). You will need to add it using the "Edit Resource Image" option, under the "RESOURCE TOOLS" menu on the right of your resource page. Do not confuse this with adding more images to your resource page, that is another beast. There is a specific 250px350p limitation, so you will need to know how to edit your cover image.

-"Resource Icon" option will create a tiny thumbnail to accompany your title on your resource page. There is also a size limitation of 96px96p for it. it will auto prompt you to add this when you create a new resource post, or you can add it later using the "Edit Resource Icon" in the "RESOURCE TOOLS" menu on the right of your resource page.

-Bumping has now been replaced with the "Post Resource Update" option, located as a big blue button on the top right or as part of the same "RESOURCE TOOLS" menu on the right of your resource page. You will need to post the reason for your bump now, which is useful.

Get those B&S goodies posted, gents!

8. nickrut

nickrut Well-Known Member

How will you wear those commando boots? Dressy commando boots... not sure I'm creative enough for that.

9. TtownMD

10. MrVenneri

MrVenneri Well-Known Member

I don't know if I have the patience to figure out this new SF layout. I keep getting error messages on various functions.

Awesome boots mate.

11. JubeiSpiegel

From someone who beta tests web based UI's from time to time. I won't say the new SF is the hardest UI to understand, but it certainly requires a learning curve. The options are aplenty for sure, however it is not as approachable from a novice perspective. Might be worse for long time members, as it will require the override of old habits while also learning the new UI.

They should be rolling out tweaks in the near future, so I imagine they will smooth out some (if not all) of the hiccups in logic or outright bugs.

12. saurabh

Thanks a lot :)

13. saurabh

So these Urban commando boots comes in two styles (Chestnut highland grain and Vintage cedar).
    I already have the Glencoe chestnut grain boots so i picked the Vintage cedar color and got them patinaed in the darker color to make them more versatile (more so as i have too many lighter colored boots).
    I am planning to wear these boots casually most of the time with flannels/tweeds/jeans/moleskin/cordoroy etc but i have seen pics where someone is wearing the urban commando boots with a suit as well and it looked pretty sharp.

nickrut likes this.
  14. nickrut

nickrut Well-Known Member

Would love to see fit pics when you break em out. Have always loved the boots

saurabh likes this.
  15. TtownMD

16. benjamin8451

benjamin8451 Well-Known Member

TtownMD likes this.
  17. jcep

jcep Well-Known Member

Gentlemen,

I had a quick question. Is there a consensus regarding sizing down 1/2 a size for KN14 suede loafers? I'm a big proponent of "you have to try them on" but was interested since my local stockist doesn't have any suede loafers in stock and would prefer not to play the MTO resell game w a less popular suede model.

Thanks for the assist guys, I appreciate the ample experience in G&G that is behind the comments on this board.

18. supplychainman

supplychainman Well-Known Member

Has anyone had GG do a button boot before or does everyone just use SC for that?

19. SoGent

SoGent Well-Known Member

dayyummmmm those are nice, great choice.

20. TtownMD

They will most likely not do button boot unless you go bespoke. But Saint c makes a dam fine button boot & if you want cheaper option Enzo b. But I recommend Saint c.