• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Gaziano & Girling Appreciation & Shoe Appreciation Thread (including reviews, purchases, pictures)

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So true
Thanks, and St. James were a dream realized and the Fairmont filled a hole.

I messed up once & passed when I diidnt know better on St James kudu not happening again on these st James pearl beauty you should get it while it's hot. To,go with your fairmont if you don't all ready own pearl beauty.

Zapasman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Duuude, I can kill for the left shoe, what kind of hatchgrain is it?
It is difficult to tell from that pic but if its hatch grain, it could be chrome-tanned calf leather boarded or printed; corrected grain.

mw313

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

FYI gmto is a go

It is great that we have he GMTO st James in pearl grey through but I was hoping we would have more time because I am still waiting on my Kudu Thorpe on the MH71 so I can figure out if my new narrow width and size combo will be enough or if I will need another width more narrow.

I want in but u dint want it risk this pair not being narrow enough. If the Thorpe are a bit wide at least I can wear boot socks under. That isn't going to happen with st James so I'm a bit worried.
Do we have an estimate on the kudu Thorpe then?

Ironist

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I should start a Subscription Service "Skoaktiebolaget G&G per month". Only $1200/month get the December pair for free - always a style in red or green. :)

Make it retroactive and sign me up... I'm like practically there this year. Think the Pearl Grey might be the 12th.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Funny part is I go half down for G&G and one full size for all EG size two new shoe that I got today on EG 890 last both I took 8.5E and 9E for G&G and USA 9.5D

I have heard the 890 is a bit more generous than say the 202/82, but wrt to EG 82 vs GG MH71, my own experience trying on each:

202/82 — 7.5E
MH71 — 7F

I didn't get to try the TG73, but SA insisted I would be the same size as with the MH71. I don't completely buy that, given what I've read about the TG73 toe box and my wide feet with high instep.

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have heard the 890 is a bit more generous than say the 202/82, but wrt to EG 82 vs GG MH71, my own experience trying on each:

202/82 — 7.5E
MH71 — 7F

I didn't get to try the TG73, but SA insisted I would be the same size as with the MH71. I don't completely buy that, given what I've read about the TG73 toe box and my wide feet with high instep.

That is very interesting we both have same experience but they, opposite of each other. I have two TG73 last take same size and I placed a same size order for MH71 which I have never tried. And yes SA was right you would take 7F on MH71 last that is general rule of thumb depending upon how Tg73 last fits you. If you have wide feet you may go up,to 7.5

Last edited:

lightseason

Reaction score
Just received a new pair of Warwick with Deco last, price is good just the normal RTW price and no customs duty to US. The Deco last looks really nice.

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just received a new pair of Warwick with Deco last, price is good just the normal RTW price and no customs duty to US. The Deco last looks really nice.
Not sure how you managed to get Deco Last at regular RTW prices, but those look great.

Congrats!!!

Last edited:

lightseason

Reaction score
This one is on GG's online shop, so you can order it from retailers as RTW price, but not all the retailers will do that, I asked Skoak, but I was told they are not allowed to pull stock inventory for the none Deco style on Deco last, then I asked another retailer in US, they can do that and the price is almost the same as Skoak's. Warwick is the only style on Deco last on GG's website now, hope could come more.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads