1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Gap x GQ x Best New American Designers

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by rdstour, Sep 27, 2012.

1. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Wise man.

2. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

Last edited: Sep 30, 2014
  3. nkwu

nkwu Well-Known Member

It launched on the US site yesterday and Canada site today. I walked into a Canadian store and those John Elliott pieces flew off at open and by the time I got there, anyone strolling into the store was asking for them. I only saw two pairs of the En Noir pants.

Allocation was funny, there were apparently a tonne of those Red Field Jackets, but only 20 Villain hoodies.

4. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

nothing at the gap should sell out. but serves them right for not being able to tell which pieces would be popular and which should be garage (the other 95%)

I'll stop at a store on my way home for the hell of it

5. BigC222

BigC222 Well-Known Member

I was just at the Gap in Calgary, Canada and most of their John Elliot and Co were gone. Jeans were left (I didn't bother checking sizes as I didn't want them anyways) but the tees were only limited sizes and I managed to grab the last hoodie. The other three brands still had some good stock left but I was surprised how fast some stuff cleared. The En Noir stuff I think wasn't even touched but not surprised at all considering the quality wasn't that great up-close.

I went to the mall on my lunch break maybe 45 minutes after the mall opened and a lot of it was gone already. Not use if they didn't have enough stock or people actually lined up for it.

6. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

probably all gonna be on ebay. not sure why anyone would have been so excited for the stuff

7. ter1413

ter1413 Well-Known Member

:nodding:

8. BigC222

BigC222 Well-Known Member

Well, it's good for someone who can't afford the main line's price points (aka. me). There's a lot of stuff that I don't care for in the collections but the hoodie looks awesome for less than half of what I would have to pay for the one from JE.

I guess if you live in a place where fashion is big and you can physically go to stores that sell them, then it's really not a big deal. For me, I live in a city where there isn't a wide variety of menswear brands and have never seen the clothes from these four brands other than the internet.

9. wj4

wj4 Well-Known Member

Yeah. Surprisingly the JE stuff sold out. Went by the local mall after work to check the collection out. Everything was poor in quality (even for this collabo). I wanted to buy a couple of pieces, but couldn't get myself to pull the trigger. The 'leather' on the En Noir was horrible. The same goes for the JE varsity.

10. PDL24DCP

PDL24DCP Well-Known Member

I personally always like the collections they do, and have always gotten pretty much whatever i wanted on sale, but apparently this year is selling really quickly, especially the en noir and john elliott stuff (the hoodie is sold out EVERYWHERE). The other stuff is definitely meh and is easily obtainable...

11. Distorbiant

Distorbiant Well-Known Member

Those fools underestimated our internet hype machine.

12. Meis

Meis Well-Known Member

Yeah, I dropped by after work today, and the stuff I saw was meh. The grey JE tee looked really thin, and both the crew pullover and sweatpants looked baggy even in size small (didn't see any of the hoodie). Brooklyn tailors shirts were ok, surprisingly decent materials, but fit was (unsurprisingly, since it's gap) less aggressive and with lower armholes.

13. Regg

Regg Well-Known Member

Lol yep. Found the en noir jeans and was happy I wasn't able to order online. Nothing special at all in person, looked terrible on the mannequin. Aside from the knee detailing, they looked identical to the normal GAP jeans two feet away

14. dhaller311

dhaller311 New Member

Intrigued by the BT Mac Coat - anyone see that in person?

15. B Hamilton

B Hamilton Well-Known Member

better up close that how it's photographed on site. still eh. would need the arms done before i wore.

also, the en noir sweatshirt is much better in person.

16. akacharlie75

akacharlie75 New Member

I was not surprise that this collab sold pretty fast, apparently JE has been making it in 2014, and with the collab you get a chance to have a cool piece at an affordable price... I would say the same for En Noir

I had the chance to see many item in real, the quality of the JE hoodie is good, didn't mind checking the t-shirts. En Noir collection is overall good especially for the prices except for the biker jeans which are crap imo. The En Noir sweat pants look really cool once you wear them, same thing for the leather hoodie, the 3 in 1 jacket is a half arsed job lol...

IMO this year collab, was way better than last year

17. White Lotus

White Lotus Well-Known Member

The best selling ones on the site are JE & En Noir followed by Mi Nii & BTailors.

Btw what is up with the sweatpants hype? Those things sold out fast.

18. treysolez90

treysolez90 Member

If anybody doesn't want them and sees JE pieces I'll buy them from you no local stores where I'm at already have hoodie and sweats looking for both tees and olive pullover in xl

19. LeBeef

LeBeef Well-Known Member

I was also interested in the Mac coat, and probably won't be able to see it in person before next week. What would change with the arms? Length or taper?

20. tahonng

tahonng Well-Known Member

Anybody get the M. Nii sherpa jacket and can comment on the sizing? They only have the small online, which, in Gap tees, I fit, but from the measurements, look like they're too small.