1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Galliano homme

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mitch D, Mar 13, 2004.

1. Mitch D

Mitch D Well-Known Member

I read recently that John Galliano recently premiered his new menswear line,appropriately called Galliano Homme. I was curious to know if anyone has actually seen the line -- that is,if it's even in stores yet. What did you think? Â [​IMG]

2. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

It's a frightfully gaudy, eclectic line. I do not mean gaudy a la Versace, Cavalli, etc. but with elements of his women's lines. It is vastly different from Dior Homme. However they have been all sold out of the Parisian boutique, Maria Luisa.

But then there are a few pieces that I personally like. It is mostly the outerwear that is quite fine.

I think it is being delivered to Bergdorf Goodman, Jeffrey's, etc.

3. Mitch D

Mitch D Well-Known Member

LabelKing, Thank you for your response. Do you forsee a time when men will be interested in more daring haute couture designs (as opposed to other high quality,but conservative bespoke)?

4. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

No, I don't see an application for men's Haute Couture in the future. I think right now men are the most experimental that you're going to see; especially with the metrosexual thing. In the next few years I'm predicting a backlash of men against the metrosexual look that is popular now. However, in the next few years the economy will naturally pick up and people will have more disposable income to spend. This will lead to a greater demand for luxury goods, so the backlash may be suspended for that period. After all of this the grunge look will return. However, I do think the high-end suit industry will continue to grow.