• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

FYI: Divorce sux

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Jumbie
At least kwilk won't have to worry about kids when he gets divorced.

laugh.gif

As a doctor, I'm sure you know I can still ejaculate. If your medical books haven't made you certain of that, just ask your fiance.

rjt65

Reaction score
NY:
most rare of circumstances. Also, the other side is absolutely barred from receiving alimony if the divorce is obtained on grounds of adultery. Lovely, I thin

I disagree with this as i have a friend who just after 20 years has his wife leaving him and she has one on the side...

Lawyer told him (in NY )-- that has nada impact on the divorce alimony etc-- the only issue that could impact her on is the children.....

so i woudl assume it really depends upon state laws....

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GQgeek
This is fine if you have significant assets going in to the marriage, but if the bulk of your assets were earned after you got married, then you are screwed. Most people marry relatively young, so the man usually gets screwed because he's typically the highest earner and ends up paying for everything even though the kids get to live with the mother. I think I read that the average divorced man will lose 70% of his net worth.

Your perception is obviously biased by your personal experience but many women today give up, or significantly restrain, their careers so that their husbands could become that highest earner. Women can, and do, earn more than men today so your conclusion that women end up with a better deal is clearly flawed.

NakedYoga

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rjt65
NY:

I disagree with this as i have a friend who just after 20 years has his wife leaving him and she has one on the side...

Lawyer told him (in NY )-- that has nada impact on the divorce alimony etc-- the only issue that could impact her on is the children.....

so i woudl assume it really depends upon state laws....

Yeah, I was talking about in my jurisdiction... not sure how it is in New York. I live in the South in a state where adultery is still technically against the law. Here, there is no wiggle room. If the divorce was granted on the ground of adultery, there is 0% chance for the adulterous spouse to receive alimony.

And you're right, divorce is heavily state-dependent.

Jumbie

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kwilkinson
laugh.gif

As a doctor, I'm sure you know I can still ejaculate.

No.

You are only half a man.

If your medical books haven't made you certain of that, just ask your Conne.
FTFY

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
It turns out that there's a money sucking black hole where my ex-wife used to be.

thekunk07

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
if i got divorced, i'd have the ex killed before paying for her to live in my house

forex

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thekunk07
if i got divorced, i'd have the ex killed before paying for her to live in my house

+1

rexthedestroyer

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Mark from Plano
It turns out that there's a money sucking black hole where my ex-wife used to be.

I just read the whole thread.

What happened now?

Rambo

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Ouch. Her and her lawyer trying to take you to the cleaners?

Mark from Plano

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Rambo
Ouch. Her and her lawyer trying to take you to the cleaners?

Sadly for me, she is her lawyer...therefore no legal fees for her, just me if I decide to fight things. FML.
ffffuuuu.gif

And to think, I helped financed the startup of her practice and was her biggest source of clients.

XeF4

Reaction score
Sadly for me, she is her lawyer...therefore no legal fees for her, just me if I decide to fight things. FML.
ffffuuuu.gif

And to think, I helped financed the startup of her practice and was her biggest source of clients.

Ouch, that is brutal.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 80 36.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 83 37.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 35 16.0%

Forum statistics

Threads