1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Functional Buttons...leaving one unbuttoned

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by shiftycapone, Apr 11, 2013.

1. shiftycapone

shiftycapone Member

I saw this answered in a post from 2009. Didn't know if it was still considered "vulgar" to leave a button undone on your jacket coat sleeve?

2. calcoast

calcoast Well-Known Member

Yes, yes it is. It comes of as affected.

3. Sonny58

Sonny58 Well-Known Member

Welcome to StyleForum, nice first post.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2013
  4. shiftycapone

shiftycapone Member

Thank You. I was afraid of this answer. I realy like the look but don't want to look fake or having attitude.

5. RogerP

RogerP Well-Known Member

I wouldn't go so far as "vulgar", but it is definitely not SF-approved. I generally do up all the sleeve buttons, but on occasion I will choose to leave one unbuttoned just because I damn well feel like it. I suspect a very small percentage of real world inhabitants would notice or care. And for those few who might notice and choose to scoff, well, Rhett Butler had a good line for that.