1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Fugliest Cars

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by acidboy, Aug 8, 2006.

1. DNW

DNW Well-Known Member

I can't help but cringe everytime I see this car on the road. Kia just borrowed bits and pieces from other cars to form this auto Frankenstein. [​IMG] [​IMG]

2. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

I dunno, I think thats about the least offensive of Kia's designs. Probably because they "borrowed" most of the visual cues from better cars.

3. Tokyo Slim

Tokyo Slim Well-Known Member

[​IMG][​IMG] I hate the Oldsmobile Alero. The taillights are especially offensive. [​IMG] [​IMG] Awkward, ungainly, mostly pointless. Honda Element. But wait... even smaller, but with the same crappy design! Scion XB [​IMG] The Subaru Baja and Chevy Avalance both suck serious balls too, as with any other car that subscribes to the "tacky moulded plastic spackled on the side of the vehicle" look. Ugh

4. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Well-Known Member

I can't help but cringe everytime I see this car on the road. Kia just borrowed bits and pieces from other cars to form this auto Frankenstein.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It looks like a Mercedes and a Lincoln crashed and this is what limped away from the scene of the accident.

5. Matt

Matt Well-Known Member

no discussion of vehicular fugliness is complete without mention of the Ford Ka

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. Lucky Strike

Lucky Strike Well-Known Member

Daimler SP 250 "Dart". Supposedly an exceedingly good sports car, but the looks...[​IMG]
    Pic: [​IMG]

7. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Pic:

[​IMG]

It looks like a very scowling Austin Bugeye Sprite crossed with the odd Mercedes-Benz Heckflosse on a Triumph chassis.

8. Nantucket Red

Nantucket Red Well-Known Member

Pic:

[​IMG]

Was it designed by a committee?

9. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Love the new phantom, I think it's a brilliant interpretation of a modern rolls.

10. designprofessor

designprofessor Well-Known Member

Damn! i knew somebody would call out my car![​IMG]
    It grows on you, but heres where I think Honda got their inspiration...

11. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

Love the new phantom, I think it's a brilliant interpretation of a modern rolls.
    Brilliant like cubic zirconia.

12. acidboy

acidboy Well-Known Member

years ago, ssangyong (which was partly owned by daimler then) brought out vehicles (a van and the aforementioned musso) they rebadged into mercedes for the 3rd world market. when the local distributor of mercedes benz brought this out in the market, a lot of people were snapping it up because it is a "benz" with a very low price tag. thing is, the vans were really ugly and the quality was so awful - think frequent overheating, poor ride quality, awful interiors... that model almost brought the mercedes brand here to its knees, and the distributorship was eventually awarded to another group. [​IMG]