• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Frampton Comes Alive

BernieStevens

Reaction score
Frampton Comes Alive is the greatest live album ever. No? Name another.

Btw, yes I did buy it and wear it out in college. SUNY Stony Brook baby!

Brogued

Reaction score
Not an album, but I'll take Pam Grier live over Peter Frampton.

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yeah, it's definitely a good one. Frampton is an underrated guitarist.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. Frampton was really great during his tenure in Humble Pie. He and Steve Marriot were terrific together. Much more of a blues rock sound than Frampton's later work. Their live album, "Performance - Rockin' the Fillmore" is spectacular. Give that one a listen, they're inspired performances.
IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later. I AGREE

TIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU between the tags. There are a lot of good live 70s rock albums. I think Neil Young "Rust Never Sleeps" and The WHO "Live at Leeds" are up there as well.

zippo69

Reaction score
I'd have to say the best would be The Who's Live at Leeds.

Michigan Planner

Distinguished Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Frampton Comes Alive is a great live album but a bit overrated, IMO. I can easily rattle off a dozen better ones from that era alone, including, but not limited to the following: The live disc from Cream's Wheels of Fire Concert for Bangladesh Aretha Franklin - Amazing Grace Jimi Hendrix's Band of Gypsys Simon and Garfunkel's The Concert in Central Park Grateful Dead - Europe '72 The Allman Brothers - Live at Filmore East Dig the New Breed by The Jam (recorded at various concerts btwn 1977 and 1982) MC5 - Kick Out the Jams Talking Heads - Stop Making Sense

Kentishman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My Dad went to school with him.

presence

Reaction score
Live at Leeds by the The Who is the best live album ever made.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Wa-Wa-WaWa-Wa ... Show me the way ...

This is like, woh
crazy.gif

icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

willpower

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
'Wa, wa, wa' was the Autotune of the 70s.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, uh, no, Johnny Cash Live at Folsom Prison for the mother effing win.

StephenHero

Black Floridian
Reaction score
Originally Posted by harvey_birdman
Yeah, uh, no, Johnny Cash Live at Folsom Prison for the mother effing win.

It's absurd how overrated that album is. Just ridiculous.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads