1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Foul weather shoe?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brooklyn, Feb 1, 2005.

1. brooklyn

brooklyn Well-Known Member

With the recent snow in nyc I was wondering what shoes everyone wears to get around?

2. Horace

Horace Well-Known Member

LL Bean slip on Maine shoes and a few pairs of shoes at the office.

3. stache

stache Well-Known Member

I have brown Bass waterproof boots for foul weather.

4. brooklyn

brooklyn Well-Known Member

I have used Blundstones for the past few years. I wanted to get something a bit dressier since I go from meetings to meetings and I really don't think the Blundstones are going to work

5. Mike C.

Mike C. Well-Known Member

LL Bean Hunting Boots.

6. Concordia

Concordia Well-Known Member

Neos overshoes-- the knee-high variety. Revel in wearing real shoes and comfy socks while it's snowing outside.

7. boston

boston Well-Known Member

Ankle-high waterproof Timberland chelsea boots (black). Great for rain and snow.

8. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

Right now, my first, last and only pair of kenneth coles serve as my main black "slush" shoe, and a banana republic chukka boot serves the same the function in brown.  Both are lousy shoes, but come with durable man-made soles.  At least the BR was purchased for only $20.  I actually dropped a decent chunk of change on the KC.  Easily the worse shoe purchase of my life.  Lousy, fake-looking "shiny black leather" and there's nothing special about the degree of sole comfort.

9. jasonpraxis

jasonpraxis Well-Known Member

8 eye Doc Martens. Grr.

NB: Business casual office. If it's inclement enough to break out the Docs on a weekday, it's also worth moleskin or heavy corduroy trousers and a wool sweater. The bulk of the clothes draws attention away from the boots.

10. Torque

Torque Member

- Black Ludwig Reiter Derby shoes with crepe sole
    - Red Wing 875 boots
    - C&J Chestnut Chelsea boots

I'm glad that I work in a business casual enviroment, because Winter means 4-5 months of snow, ice, slush and wet salty roads here.

11. riahvi

riahvi Member

"Fogey-ish" I am. In the city I wear Tingley rubbers. Storm style or the
    moccasin style which looks like a Venetian high vamp loafer.Keep them shiny with Amor All tire preserver. Weekends out of town and it's LL Bean
    Ducks and I do believe in some corner of the garage is a pair of buckle
    artics.