• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Formula 1 - F1 - Current Season Discussion

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Schumacher would still be a douche bag if he came back to the sport and was winning. He wasn't so he had no choice but to mellow out. I never hated him but I always rooted against him (02-06 when I started following) because he was so dominant. Same with Vettel (also because of his favoritism in 2010 as I was rooting for Mark WEbber).

Actually, I would have valued an old man succeeding in a very, very, very competitive and youth/reaction time based sport.

Makes my age less, old I guess.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I despise Webber. His tough Aussie shtick worked a lot better before he had a championship-winning car and was getting his ass handed to him by a German teenager. (I should say that I suspect that he's a perfectly nice man, but in the context of the sport, I enjoy his failure.) The last driver I disliked as intensely was Ralf Schumacher, who is known to me and my friends as ***** Boy. Initially, I didn't like Kimi, but his James Hunt approach eventually won me over. Plus, he's mighty quick.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I despise Webber. His tough Aussie shtick worked a lot better before he had a championship-winning car and was getting his ass handed to him by a German teenager. (I should say that I suspect that he's a perfectly nice man, but in the context of the sport, I enjoy his failure.) The last driver I disliked as intensely was Ralf Schumacher, who is known to me and my friends as ***** Boy. Initially, I didn't like Kimi, but his James Hunt approach eventually won me over. Plus, he's mighty quick.

R Sch, ugh. Couldn't finish 15th in DTM. Never belonged in F1.

Most hated driver ever for me is Alonso. Webber has some honor. Getting beaten is a matter of racing. Being an asshole political operative is different.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
He's referenced in my home only by his full name, The Villain Alonso, but I tip my hat, sir. I am merely an amateur. Your dedication to hating Alonso has been raised to the level of art.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

He's referenced in my home only by his full name, The Villain Alonso, but I tip my hat, sir. I am merely an amateur. Your dedication to hating Alonso has been raised to the level of art.

In this respect, I am Picasso. Though I bow to the fact that you attended the US GP and I did not. You are my better.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
You'll get 'em next year, tiger. But you should definitely go. And get migas at the South Congress Cafe.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

You'll get 'em next year, tiger. But you should definitely go. And get migas at the South Congress Cafe.

Drinks on me if I do next yr. That will at least make us equals in my mind.

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

R Sch, ugh. Couldn't finish 15th in DTM. Never belonged in F1.
Most hated driver ever for me is Alonso. Webber has some honor. Getting beaten is a matter of racing. Being an asshole political operative is different.

Really? He was pretty on par with Montoya and won 6 or so races.

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Ralf was certainly fast enough to be in F1. Montoya's arc was a shame. I think he saw how easy life could be in American racing and realized he didn't have to put up with the bullshit that comes along with driving the fast cars. I loved watching him.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I also liked Montoya. I'll never forget that pass he made around the outside of Schumi in Hungary. Cant find the vid.

Montoya was a much better, faster, and more entertaining driver that Ralf was. I think he smoked him head to head at Williams.

This one in Brazil, as bold and aggressive as they come:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

And this was a fantastic maneuver:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Excellent!

Also, I miss the teal and yellow TV graphics...

Joffrey

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I looked at the stats and Montoya only "smoked" R. Schumacher in 2003. Not sure about qualifying though.

Last edited:

sugarbutch

Bearded Prick
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I suspect the intent of DRS varies depending on whom you ask. That said, I think it's working exactly as expected by most folks in the sport. Very few complaints about too much overtaking, only complaints when the DRS zone doesn't result in passing. The tweak of the DRS rules that I'd like to see is two-fold:

1) No DRS available to lap cars. As it is now, the pick using traffic is frequently outweighed by the leading car's ability to open the wing, too.

2) No DRS and KERS used at the same time.

Of course, you could eliminate the need for DRS by allowing ground-effect floors again and minimizing the size of the wings (or limiting the angle of attack to something fairly shallow) so that dirty air wouldn't ruin the cornering capability of the following car.

idfnl

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I looked at the stats and Montoya only "smoked" R. Schumacher in 2003. Not sure about qualifying though.

If you look at the stats between Hamilton and Button, it looks really close. Who would you take in a heartbeat?

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads