1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Forbes' "Best Band in the World"

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by ROT, Dec 6, 2004.

1. ROT

ROT Well-Known Member

The big band that Forbes magazine called "The Best Band in the World", Doc Scantlin and The Imperial Palms Orchestra featuring Little Chou-Chou, will perform at NYC's Rainbow Room on New Year's Eve. If you've ever had a hankerin' to find yourself in a 30s movie, this is one gig not to be missed. The shows are fantastic, the music wonderful and Doc and Chou-Chou unbelievable. If you see them, give them greetings from Richmond, VA. Doc Scantlin and His Imperial Palms Orchestra

2. ROT

ROT Well-Known Member

Just FYI, I have no real affliation with the band. But I do consdier them friends. They also do a regular gig in DC at National Airport (check the website I mentioned earlier). Vintage attire strongly encouraged. Doc is also a repository of sartorial information as regards 1930s style. WOrth the visit.

OK, I'll get off my soap box now. Thanks for listening.