1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

For the adventuresome folk...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by norcaltransplant, Dec 14, 2004.

1. JDMcDaniel

JDMcDaniel Well-Known Member

Roy,

Nice. Berluti?

A question about the aggressive antiquing I have recently encounters on Berluti and Albadejo. Will this last? Is it just layers of polish on the shoe that will be lost over time?

2. Roy

Roy Well-Known Member

No, Mischa Bergshoeff.

A Dutch Bespoke Shoemaker. Probably the only one left in our country.

3. NoVaguy

NoVaguy Well-Known Member

Roy,

Nice. That's an interesting effect on the leather.

But not for me. I'm just gonna admire them from afar...

4. Roy

Roy Well-Known Member

So am I, I took them from his website.

I am actually thinking about purchasing some Berluti-like shoes there. But in a more 'normal' color. I am not particularly fond of the green, but I thought the shoe in itself was nicely done.

5. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

I'm going way out on a limb here, contradicting Rider, but slight model and labeling differences aside, those shoes are identical down to the tiniest detail to two pairs of StefanoBi Norvegese shoes I recently sold: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....5536377 http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....5800650 Even down to the exact same placement/size/writing style of the handwriting on the lining. They look a lot like some of the Harris shoes I have seen, but precisely and exactly the same as the Stefanobi's.

6. norcaltransplant

norcaltransplant Well-Known Member

Niener, niener. Andrew agress with me. That has to count for something. I'll grow up now...

Marc, I wouldn't be surprised if Santoni made all the shoes for the Australian market; however, there is a good chance these shoes were procured for an American or European point of sale which might account for a difference in manufacturer. I'm sure RIDER could insert an informative piece on the subject.

7. basilkelley

basilkelley Member

A few years ago,I commissioned a pair of green suede shoes from a London bootmaker. His remark at the time was " we haven't made any green shoes for anyone since Robin Hood" should have told me I had made a mistake, I persisted . I am sill a loyal customer, even though they indulged a foolish idea of mine. It is a great story to tell my friends; but I recomend against green shoes.

8. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

HAHAHAHA. What a deliciously english comment to make.

koji

9. TYKOSHIRO

TYKOSHIRO Active Member

Yeah, I would have to aggree they look like StefanoBi?[​IMG] Look at these...StefanoBI

10. RIDER

RIDER Well-Known Member

Yes, I know.

As far as I am aware, Santoni does not do contract work.

11. johnapril

johnapril Well-Known Member

I picked up a pair of olive green suede demi boots by E-Zegna (made my MANTELLASSI) a few years ago in Montreal. Love 'em, wear with faded blue jeans or olive dress slacks. I think they work because of suede's texture, so not reminiscient of a snakeskin (green viper?) as is a calfskin shoe in green.

12. discostu004

discostu004 Well-Known Member

those shoes are cool. i have a pair that look like this but are monks from mantellassi and i have a pair that ar ea lot more green from mantellassi, but when i wear the monks people always comment how cool they are but "i couldn't wear them". to me, that attitude is "she's much prettier than me" kind of talk. some people have zero confidence i guess.

13. aybojs

aybojs Well-Known Member

I'd wear them (I'm a fan of green sneakers and have several pairs, FWIW), and they're in my size. I'm poor though, so unless someone here wants to give me a $300 Christmas gift, you won't see me wearing them.

14. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

I saw them at Filene's Basement, and would definitely rock em if 1) I was still living in L.A., and 2) I could afford them. Neither is the case, unfortunately.