1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Footwear Etiquette

Discussion in 'Social Life, Food & Drink, Travel' started by kenwhite, Feb 14, 2012.

1. kenwhite

kenwhite New Member

As we head into warmer weather, I usually begin to wear loafers and canvas sneakers without socks, particularly with shorts or cuffed up jeans. Where I live, many of my neighbors and friends ask guests to remove their shoes in their homes. I was wondering if you ever have encountered similar situations and if you usually go barefoot in such situation or make sure you are wearing socks if you go to a "shoes-off" house?

2. dhaller

dhaller Well-Known Member

I request "no shoes" in my house, and I always give folks a heads-up about that when they're invited over; I also provide "house shoes" (a Japanese custom I picked up living there).

If I *know* I'm headed someplace where shoes will be removed, I certainly wear socks. That said, I've been ambushed with it a few times, and I just happily complied with my bare feet :)

DH

3. Marko6969

Marko6969 New Member

We are a shoes off house. We all wear slippers.I wear stylish leather slippers.guests are warned in advance that we are a shoes off house so they can bring slippers or socks with them if they choose. When visiting I take my slippers. Not everyone like their guests to go barefoot or in socks.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

wear no-show socks (that cover more foot and don't get mistaken for peds) such as Falkes; problem solved.

5. Joffrey

Joffrey Well-Known Member

Where's that thread on this same subject that got pretty heated?