1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Food stuck in throat

Discussion in 'Health & Body' started by phatty123, Jul 15, 2007.

1. sonick

sonick Well-Known Member

well guess what, i finally got it out. Was drinking lots of water and apple cider vinegar. Somehow i coughed it out and i coughed out maybe 3 pieces. I smelled it and wow.... it stinks.
    If it stinks, like satan's anus, then yeah, in all likelihood its tonsil stones.

2. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tonsillolith I can pick mine out by applying pressure on both sides of the crypts. It's quite relieving to get them cleaned out.
    I had no idea people actually thought these were dead leukocytes. Odd.

Phatty, it most likely has nothing to do with oatmeal but you could TRY NOT EATING OATMEAL if you genuinely believe there's a link. Many people have tonsil stones with or without eating oatmeal so keep that in mind.

I was at an ENT years ago for some reason when he plucked some out during the exam. I had never seen them or experienced them, consciously, until then. Now I get them every couple of months.

3. sho'nuff

sho'nuff Well-Known Member

anybody think it is fun coughing/plucking those little buggers out? i think it is as enjoyable and relieving as cleaning out earwax, snipping nose hairs, and taking out bellybutton lint.

4. fareau

fareau Well-Known Member

Wow, there are quite a few people on this forum with experience with tonsil stones. Does anyone know the prevalence of tonsil stones? From what I am reading here, it would appear to be higher than I had previously imagined...[​IMG]

5. thepataphysician

thepataphysician Well-Known Member

from the number of people who seem to have been afflicted, I am a little worried that they are caused by the style forum.

6. MCsommerreid

MCsommerreid Well-Known Member

I used to get them, the tonsil stones. And reading this thread makes me want to vomit.

7. phatty123

phatty123 Well-Known Member

did you do something to prevent it from happening anymore?

8. lpwb32

lpwb32 Well-Known Member

i get these from time to time as well. i found that when i ate less dry, grainy, or carb-intensive food i got fewer tonsil stones. in general its not just oatmeal thats causing it but i could see how something like oatmeal could contribute to it.

9. sho'nuff

im thinking about starting to collect these little tonsil stones and eventually making a little statue with them one day.

10. Bandwagonesque

Bandwagonesque Well-Known Member

I had no idea these were called tonsil stones. I had always assumed they were made up of dried up phlegm, parts of food, and bacteria. They do stink pretty bad, and are a bugger to cough up. I use to have them quite a bit, but haven't felt one for at least a year.

11. Jared

Jared Well-Known Member

I was so hoping this thread was going to start out:
    Food stuck in throat. Can't breath. Please phone 911 for me!

12. amerikajinda

amerikajinda Well-Known Member

13. ibleedwhite

ibleedwhite Well-Known Member

if im understanding it right..its just phlegm(pronounced flem) . take some anti-congestion medicines

14. whodini

whodini Well-Known Member

if im understanding it right..its just phlegm(pronounced flem) . take some anti-congestion medicines
    It's not.

15. furo

furo Well-Known Member

lol, yes they do smell like a putrid sewer of crap.

i get these every once in a while, but i cannot feel it for days before i cough it up, just the hour i cough it up.

i feel something stuck in my throat and i have to ahem and cough and then it pops out onto my tongue.
    sometimes i get big whole pieces, looks like a white yogurt covered granola cluster or something.
    i played with it before like disecting it to see if it is a piece of food or whatevers, it is not food, it is made by my body. it smells like crap.

but oh boy, is it fun to cough those things up. i actually enjoy it, whenever i get that opportuniti y once in a blue moon it comes up and i start to feel it in my throat.

epic post...

btw, I coughed up a nasty one today, about the size of a pencil eraser. It was disgusting. I took a picture of it, but the camera had a tough time getting the resolution to clear up, so the picture doesn't capture the true brainy features of the tonsilollith

I need to eat less white bread and white flour. Whenever I eat a lot of sandwiches with white bread, these things come back. I know now what the cause is... the result is pure filth

16. forex

forex Well-Known Member

This must be the grossest thread I've encountered on SF. I don't even read this forum,fuck. Some of you are fucking crazy. I am going to post some pictures when I get home.

17. sho'nuff

trust me. i ALWAYS wash my hand in hot water after doing something like this (rare) and using the toilet and so forth. im a clean freak so dont worry about buying anything from me.

18. word

word Well-Known Member

I remember watching a video a while back of a dentist pulling out about a dozen globs of this shit from a patients mouth.

19. Rambo

Rambo Well-Known Member

Of all the dumbass threads to bring back from the dead, why this one?

20. jamie-and-megan

jamie-and-megan New Member

how do you know what the devils ass smells like lol j,k i actually found a few things that can help clear the stuck things out of your throat such as yogurt pudding mild chocolate syrup anything thick that can wrap around a weigh down what ever is in your throat i know it all may sound odd but it works