1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Folded Up Shirt P0rn

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Manton, May 23, 2007.

1. sleekblackroadster

sleekblackroadster Well-Known Member

i'm in a similar boat trying to find some nice patterns..

i'm looking for some smart thin vertical stripes in greens and reds and i think you could do well to find something like this yourself. my favorite of yours is what looks like blue, white, and probably brown striping in the last pic you posted, on the left pile, third from bottom.

where are the nice fabrics right now people?? my usual go-to spots are lacking at the moment..

2. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

...Hence me asking if there were any suggestions for colors/patterns to add in ;-)

Big checks. You don't seem to have any. Also no "country" shirts, like tattersal.

3. Bob01

Bob01 Well-Known Member

Soon to be upgrading to a side by side refridgerat
    ... i'm looking for some smart thin vertical stripes in greens and reds and i think you could do well to find something like this yourself. my favorite of yours is what looks like blue, white, and probably brown striping in the last pic you posted, on the left pile, third from bottom....
    Yeah...was thinking I needed to move beyond my comfort zone of White & Blue...Not sure how my next workplace will be as far as adhering to the "CBD" standards (think only white and blue are given the thumbs up for shirts? ;-) ) - however a green or red stripe shirt sounds like a good idea - just have to decide on whether I want it for business or casual (the hem) The Blue, white and I guess brown striped one, is a SS/Flat Hem, a few days ago looking at it again, I ordered that fabric for a French Cuff Shirt - hope it turns out ok ;-) I was thinking since half my suits are subtly stripped (one a faint pin strip, the other a shadow stripe), that I couldn't wear striped shirts with them - looking at these suits again, their striping is pretty subtle - could I get away with wearing similar thickness striped shirts with them?
    ... Big checks. You don't seem to have any. Also no "country" shirts, like tattersal.
    Doesn't look like I have any small/Medium checks either...maybe its because of seeing most checks on bed spreads,drapes or ill fitting shirts during childhood, that is putting a mental block on these patterns - but I'll try to order some this weekend (in something other than blue...maybe :)) What makes Tattersall shirts country-ish? This shirt seems normal to me, well...don't think I like button down collars or really that color for this shirt - but other than that what makes it a "country" shirt? http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/,...eeve_-_For_Men

4. Mildly Consumptive

Mildly Consumptive Well-Known Member

Preparing for the Fall. A new shirt from a localish, value-oriented shirtmaker. Lovely MOP buttons. Please excuse the shitastic photography.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

5. Unit 91

Unit 91 Well-Known Member

I like that fabric a lot. Is it red or pink?

6. Mildly Consumptive

I like that fabric a lot. Is it red or pink?

Red. And navy. I'm not positive, but I think it's Thomas Mason Silverline.

7. Unit 91

The navy I sorted but the lighting makes it seem pink. Very nice.

8. Unit 91

Happened to be out shopping again today. Nothing very expensive, but great casual wear stuff...

[​IMG]

9. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

damn this economy! chickened out on the first shirt (wasn't sure about the color and texture, and BOY it is expensive!), but I bought the second shirt pictured.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

10. Mildly Consumptive

First ever summer shirt. Linen/cotton blend by Hemrajani. Ridiculously soft. [​IMG] [​IMG] .

11. username79

username79 Well-Known Member

First ever summer shirt. Linen/cotton blend by Hemrajani. Ridiculously soft.

[​IMG]

What collar style is that? Looks much nicer than what I got from him. Also, what fabric family? Not seeing any linen/cotton blends on the site right now.

12. Mildly Consumptive

What collar style is that? Looks much nicer than what I got from him. Also, what fabric family? Not seeing any linen/cotton blends on the site right now.

The collar is the number 6 "classic spread" with longer points and a higher band. And a 1/2 inch of tie space. It's my first time ordering this collar, but I think it'll work for more casual shirts where I might not wear a tie some times. I normally order the number 4 english spread for shirts I will mostly wear with a tie.

The fabric is from the Monti Prince Rose collection, Zaffiro Linen/Cotton 120s/2.

13. Miguel Alvarez

Miguel Alvarez Well-Known Member

14. The_Foxx

The_Foxx Well-Known Member

great looking finamores! I actually had a finamore shirt not long ago that I ended up selling, only because I wasn't sure I could get the sleeves shortened by a good tailor at the time-- really like the look and construction of these shirts.

15. Artisan Fan

Artisan Fan Well-Known Member

finally they arrived.. [​IMG]

Beautiful shirts.

16. kali77

kali77 Well-Known Member

Those Finamore's are gorgeous[​IMG] Today's arrivals. Last 2-3 orders were more basic and ordinary, so I threw some shirts that I felt had a little more "color" so to speak in this round. [​IMG]

17. Eustace Tilley

Eustace Tilley Well-Known Member

Beautiful shirts.

+1

18. chorse123

chorse123 Well-Known Member

Light blue and light orange stripe. [​IMG]

19. gumercindo

gumercindo Well-Known Member

kali, nice! where from?

20. kali77

kali77 Well-Known Member

kali, nice! where from?

A forum favorite[​IMG] ......... Jantzen. Of all the bad reported here, I will have to say I have had nothing but a pleasurable experience. I will just chalk that up too luck, I suppose.