1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Flip-flops

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by Buster, May 12, 2005.

1. poly800rock

poly800rock Well-Known Member

i got a pair of miumiu flip flops on yoox when they had their huge sale, best $40 i ever spent.

would never consider paying the original price of $80 though, plus i get a neat little bag for my flipflops.

2. mink31

mink31 Well-Known Member

I just got the all-leather ones from the J.Crew sale and so far they are the most uncomfortable footwear I own. For anyone that has leather flip flops, how long did it take to break them in (or a nice callous to form between your toes[​IMG] )?

3. mylesmyles

mylesmyles Well-Known Member

i also have the micky fanning reefs and they are beyond comfortable. that being said i never wear them if i know i'll be seeing coworkers (professional or casual) or if i have a colared shirt on (i somehow use that as my line in the sand) that being said it gets VERY hot in nyc - and wouldn't really want to wear sneakers with socks on during the day in the summer.

so if you're not wearing sandals - what are you wearing?

4. cheapmutha

cheapmutha Well-Known Member

well... down here in florida everyone wears flip flops. except me. i cant stand them. ill take the heat before i put a pair on. i dont understand how it can be too hot for shoes... i just dont get it.

5. shoreman1782

shoreman1782 Well-Known Member

I have too too many summer shoes... maybe I'll take a pic of them at home... vans slips, adidas lavers, j crew boat shoes, converse jack purcells, white bucks. All sockless, all allow avoiding flip flops, though I do wear flip flops, too.

6. BubblyMasquerade

BubblyMasquerade Well-Known Member

I wear my nice Reef Micky Fanning sandals most days. They are not the cheap foam rubber ones you see everywhere. They have a nice gel heel (kinda like running shoes) that makes them comfortable to wear for long periods of time. The beer bottle opener on the bottom is cool and a good conversation starter (Ill never use it... Ever). Also I am not nor do I represent a Frat Boy Jackass.

And I dont believe in wearing sandals outside of the hot summer months when its nice outside. Getting a pedicure is also a must and no stinky feet bastards should wear sandals... ever.

Who the fuck bumps year old threads? AHHH. Anyway, I might as well contribute too. Flip Flops are not for me because I have flat feet. Also, they are not for people who have nasty feet or people too poor to afford shoes, disgusting.

7. VKK3450

VKK3450 Well-Known Member

So can I but can you use your teeth?

I used to be able to when I had them.....

Sadly they are all gone now. 24 beers, 24 teeth, coincidence? I think not

K aka Gums McGoo

8. atomicmrg

atomicmrg Active Member

personally, I love my flip flops, they're just easy and convenient, and are the next best thing to going barefoot (where practical). My favorites are my leather rainbow sandals...can't imagine living without them

9. jean_connoisseur23

jean_connoisseur23 Well-Known Member

i love my havaianas...i have 5 pairs of em

10. ratboycom

ratboycom Well-Known Member

I cannot stand this gimmick. Who is going to want to drink from a beer bottle opened on the sole of someones flip flop??

I can open a beer with my lighter, on the edge of the table, with my keys....

K

I can also open a beer with a lighter. I bought the sandals more for the cush padding. I will never drink a beer that has been opened with a sandal, even my own. I would on the other hand give a beer opened this way to one of my enemies.