1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

First Trip to London - $300-~$1,000 Sartorial Souvenir?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by NickTW, Apr 11, 2012.

1. NickTW

NickTW Member

As the title says - if you were visiting London for the first time and wanted to drop $300-$1000 on some sartorial goodness to remember the trip, what would you choose? Can be one item or multiple - clothes/accessories/shoes/ties all acceptable!

Interested to see some of your choices.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. Ivon

Ivon Well-Known Member

I'll bite, since just about everything is exported or available online, something hard to get or offbeat. Some ideas.

Go thrifting, you might uncover a wear le Saville Row suit.
    Fragrances, some old school ones like Penhaligon's or George Trumper are hard to find. Trumper also makes some really cool shaving items.
    Artisnal crafts, hand knit Fair Isle sweaters and Tea sets.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

3. Bounder

Bounder Well-Known Member

Easy. Covert coat. Very versatile, very sharp and only really available in the UK.

4. DocHolliday

DocHolliday Well-Known Member

James Smith umbrella

2 people like this.
  5. Bounder

Bounder Well-Known Member

Oooh! Sword cane!

6. NickTW

NickTW Member

Really like the responses so far! I'm currently living in NYC, so as you said, a lot of things are available here one way or another already. The umbrella/covert coat (this was totally new to me and looks amazing)/ fair isle sweaters are exactly the kind of ideas I was looking for.

This forum is such a great source of knowledge, thank you.

7. Marcellionheart

Marcellionheart Well-Known Member

Was going to say get some shoes, but since you live in NYC you can get all that stuff anyway.

8. jsqfunk

jsqfunk Well-Known Member

go to a bespoke shoe place like lobb or cleverly and buy a wallet or something - most of that stuff is made in house so you get something nice, see a real live bespoke shoe store and chit-chat with the proprietors

9. RSS

RSS Well-Known Member

Visit Cordings. The address is 19 Picadilly ... not at all far from Savile Row and Jermyn Street.

Yes, it can now be purchased on the Internet, but nothing beats buying in the store.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012