1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

First trench coat advice. Burberry Kesington vs Sandringham?

Discussion in 'Menswear Advice' started by Technica, Jun 5, 2016.

1. Technica

Technica Active Member

Dear all,

I am now planning to get myself my first trench coat, and want to invest in something good that will last me years and years.

After much research I feel the iconic Burberry Heritage line of trench coats made of cotton gabardine will be the best choice for me, and the most versatile that can be worn all year round with many different clothes. I will probably get the beige ones.

However, I cannot decide between two - the Kensington ("modern fit" as Burberry calls it) and the Sandringham ("slim fit").

Does anybody have experience with these two? I normally wear size 36 for jackets/coats, but would I have to size up for the Sandringham? How tight does it run compared to the Kensington?

Or would I be better off getting the Kensington which will fit looser but I will have some space to wear layers in winter?

There is no Burberry shop near where I live so would appreciate any input from those who know!

Many thanks!

PS here are the links to the coats Im interested in:

https://uk.burberry.com/the-sandringham-short-heritage-trench-coat-p39066871

https://uk.burberry.com/the-kensington-short-heritage-trench-coat-p39110571

Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
  2. LA Guy

LA Guy Opposite Santa Staff Member

Get the Kensington. It's not as though the thing is loose, and you want some room to layer if needed.

3. Burberry trench

Burberry trench New Member

Which one you ended up buying?
    I'm in the same predicament now, but looking into a midsize length, either sandringham or Kensington ..