1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

first pair crockett and jones

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by RobertE, Feb 9, 2012.

1. masterphotog

masterphotog Well-Known Member

It looks like I'll be special ordering anyway due to them not having my size, so if the beechnut is considerably darker, I may got that route. The 'pecan' color in the bottom two images had me a little concerned as I already have shoes in that finish. If the photo was taken in more of a natural light situation in the first photo and they seem to have a deeper brown than what they appear in photos 2 and 3, then I may still choose the tan.

Thanks for the clarification.

2. Threadbearer

Threadbearer Well-Known Member

Outside the Beltway but still in the Danger Zone

Yes to the 348 last. Mine we so snug at first that I thought I might have gotten the wrong size, but they quickly molded to my feet (or vice-versa). I wear a size 10.5 US, and my Westbournes are 9.5 UK. Hope this helps.

3. Gdot

Gdot Well-Known Member

Photos 2 and 3 are closer to accurate than photo 1. Sound like Beechnut may be the thing for you. It's definitely a brown color, but not so dark as what I would call a 'regular' brown.

4. Gdot

Gdot Well-Known Member

The 348 is plain 'ol large. I sized down 1.5 sizes from my US size with no problems.

5. clock

clock Active Member

I too had to size down when taking the 348 by an half from my normal UK size. For the firat few wears, it was unusual too snug. But now my 348s all fit just nice. Fyi, mine are the merton, talbot.

In the 337, my normal UK size works. They are the weymouth