1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Firearms?

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by Edward Appleby, Mar 23, 2006.

1. Dmax

Dmax Well-Known Member

I don't know Globetrotter... I think this woman has fallen victim to the charms of the AK. Look how she cradles it tightly in her arms, how she is lovingly squeezing the trigger.

[​IMG]

2. Arethusa

Arethusa Well-Known Member

3. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

4. romafan

romafan Well-Known Member

What do you think about fishing?

Fishing is for me! I usually practice C&R, but will keep trout (when legal) that are too badly hooked to survive...also on camping trips (again, regs permitting) when there is meal planned around them.

I dream of an Alaskan trip one day....[​IMG]

5. j

j Well-Known Member

6. javyn

javyn Well-Known Member

LOL, nice j. Hans had the .40 cal version of that weapon. I'd like to add it to my collection one of these days if I win the lottery. By collection, I mean guns, not p7s, I just have one of those.

7. j

j Well-Known Member

LOL, nice j. Hans had the .40 cal version of that weapon. I'd like to add it to my collection one of these days if I win the lottery. By collection, I mean guns, not p7s, I just have one of those.
    I've shot one of those. It has extremely nice balance and is very accurate. Too bad they never made a double-stack version of it.

8. tcan

tcan New Member

Remember "Guns don't kill people, It's the bullets that do"

9. Dmax

Dmax Well-Known Member

Which weapon are you guys talking about? Die Hard was very long time ago. I faintly remember a Beretta 92F and a bunch of Mp-5K.

10. LabelKing

LabelKing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Jo Champa at the Chelsea Hotel by Helmut Newton.

11. j

j Well-Known Member

Which weapon are you guys talking about? Die Hard was very long time ago. I faintly remember a Beretta 92F and a bunch of Mp-5K.
    The H&K P7M13 and other P series, as pictured above.

12. skalogre

skalogre Well-Known Member

As per the initial question, I am completely torn. I am unafraid of guns and weapons (my father would go hunting religiously every season back home - not rifles but over/under shotguns) and had spent two years in the army as a conscript. I even practice two sword related martial arts (albeit not with live blades). Would I collect guns? Well, yes and no. I severely dislike a lot of the common attitudes of "badassery" that seem to permeate the whole pro-gun lobby in the US. Gives me a feeling of disrespect towards the seriousness of a weapon for one (especially handguns and rifles, things designed to take out human beings). Now on the other hand, this is the sort of stuff that would appeal to someone like myself that has such a strong interest in history. Hell, if I could afford it I would probably have several nihonto, late 19th century bayonets etc etc. Plus I was a reasonably good shot with the assault rifles (and using the heavier stuff like LMGs can be a blast[​IMG] ). Shooting the stuff can definitely be entertaining. But I resist that due to my principles on the issue. Anyway, I am still a reserve; if I end up home permanently in the next few years I am sure I will get my fix of assault rifles (and probably go skeet-shooting with my dad). P.s. an Stg 44 and a PPSh-41 would both be things I would have owned if I were to collect, I must say - mainly for historical reasons. Anyway, that is my take on it [​IMG] P.s. grenades can also be a blast (pun intended) [​IMG] Edit: Sorry if I went off-topic there.

13. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

As per the initial question, I am completely torn. I am unafraid of guns and weapons (my father would go hunting religiously every season back home - not rifles but over/under shotguns) and had spent two years in the army as a conscript. I even practice two sword related martial arts (albeit not with live blades).
    Would I collect guns? Well, yes and no. I severely dislike a lot of the common attitudes of "badassery" that seem to permeate the whole pro-gun lobby in the US. Gives me a feeling of disrespect towards the seriousness of a weapon for one (especially handguns and rifles, things designed to take out human beings). Now on the other hand, this is the sort of stuff that would appeal to someone like myself that has such a strong interest in history.
    Hell, if I could afford it I would probably have several nihonto, late 19th century bayonets etc etc. Plus I was a reasonably good shot with the assault rifles (and using the heavier stuff like LMGs can be a blast[​IMG] ). Shooting the stuff can definitely be entertaining. But I resist that due to my principles on the issue. Anyway, I am still a reserve; if I end up home permanently in the next few years I am sure I will get my fix of assault rifles (and probably go skeet-shooting with my dad).
    P.s. an Stg 44 and a PPSh-41 would both be things I would have owned if I were to collect, I must say - mainly for historical reasons.

Anyway, that is my take on it [​IMG]

P.s. grenades can also be a blast (pun intended) [​IMG]

Edit:
    Sorry if I went off-topic there.

we got to get together for a beer some day.

14. Dmax

Dmax Well-Known Member

The H&K P7M13 and other P series, as pictured above.

I thought P7M13 was the double stack version. The .40 cal version was not available in double stack design due to size considerations I guess.

15. Dmax

Dmax Well-Known Member

As per the initial question, I am completely torn. I am unafraid of guns and weapons (my father would go hunting religiously every season back home - not rifles but over/under shotguns) and had spent two years in the army as a conscript. I even practice two sword related martial arts (albeit not with live blades).
    Would I collect guns? Well, yes and no. I severely dislike a lot of the common attitudes of "badassery" that seem to permeate the whole pro-gun lobby in the US. Gives me a feeling of disrespect towards the seriousness of a weapon for one (especially handguns and rifles, things designed to take out human beings). Now on the other hand, this is the sort of stuff that would appeal to someone like myself that has such a strong interest in history.
    Hell, if I could afford it I would probably have several nihonto, late 19th century bayonets etc etc. Plus I was a reasonably good shot with the assault rifles (and using the heavier stuff like LMGs can be a blast[​IMG] ). Shooting the stuff can definitely be entertaining. But I resist that due to my principles on the issue. Anyway, I am still a reserve; if I end up home permanently in the next few years I am sure I will get my fix of assault rifles (and probably go skeet-shooting with my dad).
    P.s. an Stg 44 and a PPSh-41 would both be things I would have owned if I were to collect, I must say - mainly for historical reasons.

Anyway, that is my take on it [​IMG]

P.s. grenades can also be a blast (pun intended) [​IMG]

Edit:
    Sorry if I went off-topic there.

I am bit confused, your location shows you are in Arizona, did you server in the US Army?

16. j

j Well-Known Member

I thought P7M13 was the double stack version. The .40 cal version was not available in double stack design due to size considerations I guess.
    Oh, you're right. Well I feel dumb.

17. skalogre

I am bit confused, your location shows you are in Arizona, did you server in the US Army?
    No. I am not from the USA - my wife is from here, I am from Cyprus. Compulsory two year service for all males over 18. Globetrotter: I'd love that, seeing as we are from the same general area of the mediterrannean and all [​IMG] Edit: Love the avatar Zack! I always forget that actor's name though

18. Dmax

Dmax Well-Known Member

Cool, so you probably had H&K G3 assault rifle issued to you.

As far as PPSh and STG44 you would probably have beter luck geting those in Cyprus. I have never seen STG 44 for sale in the US. I think I migth have seen a PPSh for sale once for around $15,000. And there is of course a bunch of paperwork involved in transferring NFA controlled weapon.

I did see a picture of a bunch of STG 44 clones captured recently in Iraq. I believe they were made in Syria.

Dimitry

19. skalogre

Cool, so you probably had H&K G3 assault rifle issued to you.

As far as PPSh and STG44 you would probably have beter luck geting those in Cyprus. I have never seen STG 44 for sale in the US. I think I migth have seen a PPSh for sale once for around $15,000. And there is of course a bunch of paperwork involved in transferring NFA controlled weapon.

I did see a picture of a bunch of STG 44 clones captured recently in Iraq. I believe they were made in Syria.

Dimitry

Don't think there is anyway I would be able to get any sort of firearm other than a hunting shotgun back home - civilians cannot own such stuff. The G3 is great though - a little large and old-fashioned/boring looking but powerful, accurate and reliable. Hate the bayonet though, such a POS. Now, the AK-47 style bayonets, now we are talking. [​IMG]
    Do you have a link to that picture of Stg clones you mentioned?

20. globetrotter

globetrotter Well-Known Member

No. I am not from the USA - my wife is from here, I am from Cyprus. Compulsory two year service for all males over 18.

Globetrotter:
    I'd love that, seeing as we are from the same general area of the mediterrannean and all [​IMG]

Edit:
    Love the avatar Zack! I always forget that actor's name though

thanks - seiji miyaguchi. I was looking for a picture of him sitting under the tree waiting to kill the two bandits on thier way to their horses, but I couldn't find it. this was the next best thing.