1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Finding inexpensive seven-folds

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by brescd01, Aug 14, 2004.

1. Thracozaag

Thracozaag Well-Known Member

(rws @ 15 Aug. 2004, 1:14)
    . . . Marinella uses English silks, and . . . are a bit on the too classic side . . . .
    This sounds appealling. Â Has Marinelli a website?
    http://www.marinellanapoli.it/eng/index.asp Not a whole lot there but some info. Domenico Vacca should have them though I dont know for sure. JJF
    Bergdorf had a nice selection of Marinella's the last time I was there. koji

2. jcusey

jcusey Well-Known Member

None of your designs has spoken to me yet, although I'll give 'em a try when one does. Loved the scarves, by the way, but there's not much call for those in Houston. [​IMG]

3. jcusey

jcusey Well-Known Member

It sometimes seems that the Talbott people try to cram every expensive and difficult fabric production technique known to man in the silks that they use on their seven-fold ties. The results are sometimes, well, exuberant, but there are some that work very well.

4. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

Nonsense on the scarves.... i find that sometimes one is better off with two or three scarves than a sportcoat or even a shirt...Sort of like a toga look... Hey... cant blame me for trying can ya? [​IMG] JJF

5. Sinbad

Sinbad Member

I don´t know about that.
    What I know is that many (Trump among others) have tried to convince the Marinella family to expand the businness and open shops in other parts of the world.
    To my knowledge, nobody has succeeded so far.
    There is a sort of tradition for all the most rich and powerful persons of Italy to take trips on a regular basis to Naples to get their ties. Of course, this does not necessairily mean anything about the quality of the above mentioned ties.
    Despite not being particularly rich nor powerful, I own some Marinella and I am happy about them but I must say, I like traditional ties.