1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Finding Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by idfnl, Jan 30, 2012.

1. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

^ If you read Zecharia Sitchin its all true :)

2. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

For this first time in a very long time, this thread has slipped off page 1. Has there been no BF activity in the past two weeks, idfnl or anybody?

3. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Almost 0 activity. I haven't seen anything interesting in a long while.

Leopards don't usually do this:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

4. JLibourel

^Actually, leopards can be quite bold about entering buildings, especially in pursuit of dogs, which are a favorite prey animal of theirs. The videotaped incident is not at all surprising.

On the matter of leopards entering buildings, John Taylor tells a story of a trader in East Africa who had a pet leopard. He kept it chained up at night. One night he woke up to find his leopard licking his hand. Evidently it had slipped its collar. Fearing it might be more aggressive at night, he picked a whip (the formidable sjambok) that he kept handy and laid into the leopard, chasing it downstairs and outside. Then he went to get the leopard's collar and chain to secure him again. There was his leopard still in his collar and chain--he had been whipping a wild leopard that had entered his house! Taylor remarks that if he had shown any hesitation or fear, the wild leopard would almost certainly have pulled him down.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2013
  5. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Shocked. I thought Leopards were very cagey.

That story is stunning. That's really incredible. Judging by what you said, you'd think in hot countries open windows would be a field day.

6. JLibourel

They can be very cagey, but they can also be surprisingly bold. Did you catch the adjacent YouTube about the leopard that was shot in Indiana, presumably an escaped or released pet? Makes one wonder if these "black panthers" that are so frequently reported may be real black panthers more often than we think. Despite the fact that they can be very dangerous and fierce in the wild, I have the sense that leopards are the most tractable of the dangerous big cats in captivity. A woman I knew who owned five big cats (I know I've mentioned her before)--two leopards, two mountain lions and a white tiger--told me her leopards were much nicer than the mountain lions. Jaguars--again I'm sure I'm repeating myself--are by far the most dangerous of the big cats in captivity.

7. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I can see that. Jags have an attitude. I would think the lions would be best suited for captivity but what do I know... I believe in Bigfoot.

1 person likes this.
  8. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I heard the rumor of a sighting which claims a Sasquatch was petting a dog.

9. JLibourel

^I see that the illustrious Dr. Jeff Meldrum has mentioned this alleged incident. He cautions against inferring that this is evidence of particularly high intelligence on the part of the Sasquatch since other apes do much the same.

I had always heard that dogs were particularly terrified of BFs, which is why they could never be tracked with hounds. Thus, an account of a BF and a dog chumming it up seems contrary to established BF lore.

10. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

My thoughts too, I've heard that dogs cower in their presence

Finally some new video

11. JLibourel

^Interesting that in the second photo, not the video, the trees and brush both fore and aft of the "Blobsquatch" are in reasonably sharp focus, but he's just a blurry blob. Seem fishy to you?

12. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

It definitely does. The first one was huge. Easily faked, but that was not just some guy walking by.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

13. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
  14. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

You need to invest in a photoshop class.

15. Jr Mouse

Jr Mouse Well-Known Member

All of time and space, everything that ever was or
    2 people like this.
  16. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Young silverback isn't shy.

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

17. JLibourel

^Why do you think that it is so much easier to habituate gorillas, which have suffered all kinds of persecution at the hands of humans, than BFs, who have suffered little to none--comparatively, anyway?

18. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

Chinese tourists in BC

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

19. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I suggest its because the species is naturally much more shy. I also suggest historical interactions with humans have taught BF to stay away.

20. Fang66

Fang66 Well-Known Member

Same reason it is easier to habituate gorillas than it is to habituate ghosts.

1 person likes this.