1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Finding Bigfoot

Discussion in 'Entertainment, Culture, and Sports' started by idfnl, Jan 30, 2012.

1. JLibourel

JLibourel Well-Known Member

Really quite amazing how many reports there are of BFs getting shot--all over the country. Yet none has ever been killed outright, nor has one ever been found having succumbed to its wounds. Well, if they have a body in this Pennsylvania case, that will settle the matter, but somehow I am not going to bet on it.

2. FLMountainMan

FLMountainMan Well-Known Member

3. whiteslashasian

whiteslashasian Well-Known Member

I saw it on facebook, reminded me of this thread.

4. JLibourel

^if a Bigfoot had actually been killed in Pennsylvania, wouldn't it be all over the news by now?

5. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I've been inundated with work recently, no time for big fella.

The interesting thing is 20 years ago there would be little if no community activism around the supposed event, but now people scramble to the scene with cameras, etc.

Unfortunately when it gets on the news, this giggle fest is usually the response:

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

6. JLibourel

A guy with a home-made sasquatch call is a little hard to take seriously. The guy was such a fat bloat that I question whether he could even go 200 yards into the woods after a BF.

7. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I think he meant he went after it in the RV. That dude would struggle to run a 40 without walking the last 10 yards.

8. JLibourel

^When skilled woodsmen and hunters have pursued BFs afoot for decades without success, how does Chubby the Fat Man think he can run one down in an RV?

9. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

I never implied logic, nor intelligence.

10. JLibourel

Apparently Cryptomundo (www.cryptomundo.com) did an investigation of the Pennsylvania Bigfoot "killing." As it turns out, no BF was killed. In some versions of the story, the BF had been slain by a "turkey hunter." Since turkey hunters customarily use shotguns loaded with bird shot or small-caliber rifles, this made the story inherently improbable unless the BF was blasted with a load of #2s at hard-off-the-muzzle range. As it turns out, there was a kernel of truth in the story: Although no BF had been slain, a guy had reported discovering BF tracks. On investigation, they proved to be black bear tracks.

11. JLibourel

^Anent the foregoing, it is a testament to the pervasiveness and potency of the Bigfoot myth that when a guy finds some tracks in the Pennsylvania woods, he doesn't think "bear," a familiar animal in the region; no, he thinks "Bigfoot."

Black bear tracks would seem to be way too small for a BF: An average hind paw print will be about seven inches long, a monster bear's nine inches--mighty small for a so-called Bigfoot!

Last edited: May 21, 2013
  12. JLibourel

It just occurred to me that it has been 16 months since this thread started. In August, it will have been 55 years since Jerry Crew found the famous (fake) tracks by his construction site and kicked off the hunt for the Bigfoot/Sasquatch big time...yet we are no nearer to solving this "mystery."

13. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

These things take time :)

The fake tracks sparked interest similar to the Finding Bigfoot show. Comes and goes. The Oxford DNA study is expected to be released in the summer.

14. Tangfastic

Tangfastic Well-Known Member

It seems an intrinsic part of this sort of mystery that there's important information just about to be released that will clear it up once and for all. When the Oxford study proves negative, there'll be reports of finally conclusive footage currently being verified by experts and due for release any day now or something similar to keep us on the edge of our seats.

15. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

If that study is a fail, /thread.

16. JLibourel

^I am surprised Alaska didn't make the cut. I should think the Panhandle would be prime BF country.

Of the states listed, northern California, Oregon, Washington and maybe Idaho are classic BF regions. If something were found there, I would not be totally surprised. Anywhere else, and I would be totally dumbfounded.

17. idfnl

idfnl Well-Known Member

[VIDEO][/VIDEO]

18. JLibourel

The guy sounds like he may well be a wack-job dotard! So the CFR, the Bilderbergers, the oil and finance cartels and elements of the military are all in touch with UFO aliens, four different species, no less, and presumably have been for decades, but nothing has ever been leaked until now? Gotta hand it to 'em! I'm surprised the Bavarian Illuminati were left out of the in-group, as well as the Elders of Zion, but maybe the UFO aliens are anti-semitic.

Do you suppose the white BFs could actually be the "Tall White" aliens touring the country incognito?

19. JLibourel

^Been mulling this one over. These sundry space critters evidently have the techno-knowhow to negotiate interstellar space and have been hobnobbing with many of Earth's elite for decades. You'd think they could have given us some really useful tips on how to develop safe, clean, renewable energy more efficiently and more good stuff like that, but evidently they haven't. Selfish bastards!

Given the class of Earthlings they like to hang with, I wonder if any of the UFO critters have ever been invited to the gatherings at Bohemian Grove. They'd sure come away with a strange, distorted view of Earthmen after that one.

Given their penchant for secretive groups, I wonder if their males are human-like enough to permit their initiation into the mysteries of the Masonic Lodge.

Finally, inquiring minds want to know: Do the "Tall Whites" wear tighty whities?