• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Finding a reliable US proxy buyer.

pleco

Reaction score
Any tips on this? I would like to buy the Billy Reid Bond Peacoat, but they it'd be like $300 extra just because I'd be ordering it from the UK. I'd have to pay someone to buy it, or have it delivered to them in the US on backorder (Expected Jan 20th) and then get it shipped to me from then.

Seems like a bit of a gamble. Does anyone have experience with someone trustworthy in proxy buying more expensive garments? I'd certainly be willing to pay a proxy fee for the trouble.

dreamspace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Search after Mail forwarding companies. How it works: You get a mailbox in the US, and can order stuff from US based stores to it. Once your item arrives, the forwarding company will hold it and ship it to the UK.

I'm based in Norway, and use one that specifically operates with Scandinavian countries. works like a charm! And most shops in the US provide free shipping from their store to your US based mailbox/forwarding company.

Usually the forwarding shipping runs at same rate as USPS and such...
Some quick googling comes up with this:

https://bongous.com/country-information/us-to-united kingdom.php

Bongo International provides:
US Mailbox
Mail Forwarding Services from US to United Kingdom
Parcel Forwarding Services from US to United Kingdom
International Shipping Services from America to United Kingdom
Personal Shopping Services from America to United Kingdom

TreadNotOnMe

Reaction score
Hmmm. Living in the U.S. and being an internet marketer, this gives me an idea of an online business I should start up.

House

Reaction score
Any tips on this? I would like to buy the Billy Reid Bond Peacoat, but they it'd be like $300 extra just because I'd be ordering it from the UK. I'd have to pay someone to buy it, or have it delivered to them in the US on backorder (Expected Jan 20th) and then get it shipped to me from then.

Seems like a bit of a gamble. Does anyone have experience with someone trustworthy in proxy buying more expensive garments? I'd certainly be willing to pay a proxy fee for the trouble.
Those are like $700. And you don't know when it will actually be available.This one is similar
http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Billy...ements%3D&eItemId=prod150780060&cmCat=product

I prefer the single breasted

http://www.neimanmarcus.com/p/Billy...id%3D12096&eItemId=prod149710116&cmCat=search

Find someone in a State with no sales tax like NJ and charge it to your credit card. Then just have them send it to you by regular US mail. Have them mark it used clothes value $20 and take the tags off (they can just send them in an envelope if you want them) . UPS or Fedex may have to collect duty AND charge a fee. I doubt if British customs even bothers or opens this stuff so it will just be delivered. Have him put a note inside just in case. Dear Pal, here's your clothes you forgot when you left
biggrin.gif

pleco

Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 83 37.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 85 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 23 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 16.1%

Forum statistics

Threads