1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Find me a bike

Discussion in 'Fine Living, Home, Design & Auto' started by dopey, Apr 19, 2009.

1. lakewolf

lakewolf Well-Known Member

I see you guys like the retro stuff what about a retro-hipster but well done ? [​IMG] You'd look great on a trench coat a hat and this bike....

2. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

I see you guys like the retro stuff

what about a retro-hipster but well done ?

[​IMG]

That is the kind of frame I like, though I can't see the point of a fixed gear on it.

3. lakewolf

That is the kind of frame I like, though I can't see the point of a fixed gear on it.
    me neither, it would be great with touring gears, but it is on the "hip" single speed frenzy [​IMG] anyway it is indeed beautiful

4. otc

otc Well-Known Member

I think they are just trying to recommend you buy the new CrocsxUggsxSIDI collab for your comfortable winter biking needs. [​IMG] EDIT: oh sure mods...delete the spam posts so that they no longer provide context for my joke

5. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

Done.
    Here is a closeup of the brakes, but I am really showing it for, again, the lugs.
    [​IMG]
    This frame should be similar to mine:
    [​IMG]
    And this is from a slightly different run and with a different setup:
    [​IMG]

6. Philosoph

Philosoph Well-Known Member

Enablers like you and philosoph are just what I was looking for. A Waterford built frame in this color is likely what I am going get: It is a bit lighter in color than the frame I posted above. I am still thinking about the setup, but I am leaning towards cushy over speedy, except that I like downtube friction shifters rather than index bar end. But that is habit and perhaps I will be talked out of it. Some lugwork photos:
    That looks great. Nothing wrong with a nice comfortable ride. Don't know why you'd want downtube shifters, though, except for nostalgia or aesthetic reasons. Reminds me of the summer I rode my dad's old, old Peugeot. I didn't bother to get it tuned up first, and the shifters only kept enough tension to hold two gears, or three if I held it in position while I rode. The leather seat was so dried-out that it was like hard plastic, so I duct-taped some foam moulding over it. It was ghetto-fabulous, and I'd get strange looks from the geared-up roadies who ruled the roads at early hours. Anyway, I much prefer not having to move my hands to shift.

7. lakewolf

I think they are just trying to recommend you buy the new CrocsxUggsxSIDI collab for your comfortable winter biking needs. [​IMG] EDIT: oh sure mods...delete the spam posts so that they no longer provide context for my joke
    Those are the most ridiculous bike shoes I've seen in my life

8. lakewolf

Done. Here is a closeup of the brakes, but I am really showing it for, again, the lugs. [​IMG] This frame should be similar to mine: [​IMG] And this is from a slightly different run and with a different setup: [​IMG]
    really nice, Do you do loaded touring dopey ? or it is only for commuting.

9. dopey

dopey Well-Known Member

Neither, really.
    Just for some fun, relaxed riding. Family life will make all-day trips a bit harder until my kids get older, but that is what I enjoyed doing before. Never did multi-day on a bicycle.

10. otc

otc Well-Known Member

Those are the most ridiculous bike shoes I've seen in my life

I'm glad you appreciate all of the hard work I put into designing them

11. lakewolf

I'm glad you appreciate all of the hard work I put into designing them
    I though it was the genius work of Eric Glennie