1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jet

jet Well-Known Member

aeglus money is better spent on his laptop which he derived much more enjoyment from though 90% of his time on it is spent browsing fashion forums <3

am i cool too now since i don't buy any clothes?

2. asobu

asobu Well-Known Member

am i cool too now since i don't buy any clothes?

i didn't buy anything for about 18 months. now i'm back on track.

did you get that dope moss green coat last year? otherwise you have at least one must-kop this year.

3. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

A badass car is so much baller than badass clothes that there is no comparison, sorry guys.

Guess it also depends on where you live. Having a badass car in a city isn't nearly as fun since you don't drive it a ton (unless you commute out of town), have to parallel park everywhere and impossible to not get dinged up. Then again, if you have the money for a $60,000 car you probably have enough for private parking and stuff like that.

I dunno. People differ though. For me i'd rather get a nice $12,000 barely used car than a $45,000 brand new entry level bmw/merc and use that $30,000 to spend on wardrobe, vacation, some toys, and then savings/invest.

The clothes people talk about here really is chump change when talking about cars though so hard to compare. Not that hard to save up, sell some old clothes and buy some nice stuff but we're not talking about $6000 suits or anything. Usually the max people discuss is like $1300 for dick dunks, augusta boots, or on sale rick/julius leathers. Difference between h&m leather and rick leather is like $1000 but difference between civic and bmw is like $30,000 so definitely tough.

Some car forums though i'm sure have guys who get badass modern cars and spend a fortune on older cars fixing them up while scrimping on other factors like some here with clothes

4. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

A badass car is so much baller than badass clothes that there is no comparison, sorry guys.

Yeah but if you don't give a fuck about cars then that doesn't matter. Frankly as long as my car doesn't look like complete shit thats good enough for me.

5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

Ah but what if you have a badass car and badass clothes? BOOOOOOOM

6. ppllzz

ppllzz Well-Known Member

i also have a badass yacht and personal island BABANG!

7. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

8. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Link doesn't work

Assuming it's RO?

9. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

10. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Those are nice

I don't like the basic RO dunks but I do like his other sneakers, including those and some others.

11. Stylin-1

Stylin-1 Well-Known Member

Ah but what if you have a badass car and badass clothes? BOOOOOOOM

Throw in a bad-ass bike and you're really there. Maybe a ballin' boat to put you over the edge.

I'm thinking an M5, a 124" Bourget Big Daddy, and a 38' Scarab with twin big blocks, blown no less. Maybe even supercharge the M5 just in case some guy in a Z06 think he's more ballin' 'cause he can pull on you.

12. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

Guess it also depends on where you live. Having a badass car in a city isn't nearly as fun since you don't drive it a ton (unless you commute out of town), have to parallel park everywhere and impossible to not get dinged up.

I would kill for an old XKE (british racing green, tan leather interior, spoke wheels), but I would worry about it too much. There are too many idiots on the road simultaneously driving, talking on their mobile, eating a burrito, clipping their toenails and changing their shirt. All of them with 5 DWI's and no insurance.

13. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Would never get a nice car. Over here in Aus tax is insane on 'luxury' cars so the price is ridiculous. M3 is like triple the US retail.

Besides that, parts and labor are way too expensive and I would just prefer to be able to have a nice life and a basic car. If I lived in the states or somewere without insane luxury tax I would probably get something nicer though.

14. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

15. bakatora

bakatora Well-Known Member

^ can anyone confirm that the sizes listed on the site are marked Lanvin/UK sizes?

16. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

Im sure they would be

The size printed on the lanvins is the Euro size, which runs quite large.

17. Kvc06

Kvc06 Well-Known Member

18. ryannn

ryannn Well-Known Member

I have a pair of the patent black YSL rolling sneakers. I like them.

19. snake

snake Well-Known Member

I feel the patch logo + signature is a bit much.

20. Listi

Listi Well-Known Member

I think that's the point snake, and I like it. Rolling were the first sneaker I loved :p before I knew anything about clothes/baller sneaks/etc.