1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Ringo

Ringo Well-Known Member

I think I want some nice light colored sneaks, but not sure if I want plain white. Thinking about cream, beige or very light gray (or a combo of one of those colors and white). Thoughts on the shoes below? Color is "Ivory" suede, which is like a light beige/cream color, with white/off white matte leather.

[​IMG]

I like them, but not sure how versatile they are.

2. mk.ultra

mk.ultra Well-Known Member

CCP Drip-Rubber sneakers [​IMG]
    too jizzesque for my liking even if you think that looks cool those drips would wear off in a couple weeks

3. jet

jet Well-Known Member

It doesn't matter when you can't afford them.

4. melonadejello

melonadejello Well-Known Member

The third pair of Dior sneaks I've ever seen that I wouldn't be completely embarrassed to wear [​IMG]

5. Alexlude

Alexlude Well-Known Member

nice lanvin highs up there!!

anyways, hopped on that 50% off steez for 250, i said eff it and copped

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

6. macuser3of5

macuser3of5 Well-Known Member

how's the material? I've been eying them (probably gone now in a 42), but was concerned about the 'jersey' or whatever it is.

7. Alexlude

Alexlude Well-Known Member

not bad, the material is actually somewhat stiffer leather on the inside of the jersey and its basically jersey material sewn onto the leather (so the jersey material doesnt just droop down).. for a chill /kickback shoe its pretty nice IMO.

I picked up 42 as well and i think they still have 42 (size 9) left @ thecorner.com

8. fobe46

fobe46 Well-Known Member

nice lanvin highs up there!!

anyways, hopped on that 50% off steez for 250, i said eff it and copped

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Don't you have the black ones as well? Really want the black ones.. how does this one compare to that? whats the sizing like for PH, if I am a 43 in mmm

Thanks!

9. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I am in no financial situation to make the purchases I did today. I blame this thread, and specifically, RFX45. Especially for those black lows. I saw them posted up, and I was in Bergdorfs today, and I couldn't resist. It's ramen time for the next few weeks.

[​IMG]

First pair of lanvins ever. BTW, what's the general opinion on lacing the high tops all the way up, or leaving the top two holes unlaced? I keep going back and forth. Also, do you guys use the little strip in the middle to tuck the laces under? I'm trying to decide what looks best, and I can't decide.

[​IMG]

These are the ones I got today. RFX wasn't lying when said these things are buttery in person. $538 later and I still don't care. This thread is ruining my finances. And I still keep thinking about RO hightops.. SMH.

Welcome to the darkside. [​IMG]

I think I want some nice light colored sneaks, but not sure if I want plain white. Thinking about cream, beige or very light gray (or a combo of one of those colors and white). Thoughts on the shoes below? Color is "Ivory" suede, which is like a light beige/cream color, with white/off white matte leather.

[​IMG]

I like them, but not sure how versatile they are.

Why not get the white hi-tops from the FW11 season?
    [​IMG]

The third pair of Dior sneaks I've ever seen that I wouldn't be completely embarrassed to wear
    [​IMG]

Reminds me of Buttero or Rag & Bone sneakers in mid-top version.

10. cl smooth

cl smooth Well-Known Member

Welcome to the darkside. [​IMG]

thanks. do you have an opinion on my question about lacing the hightops and loopholes? you seem like the resident sneaker expert on this forum, and i keep going back and forth about what looks best.

11. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

It's really up to you and how comfortable it is. Also depends on how you plan to wear them, jean tuck or not. If you plan to wear them w/o jean tuck, then I'd suggest tying them all the way up so it doesn't create a bulky silhouette under the jeans. If you plan to do a jean tuck with the tongue sticking out, then don't lace them all the way up. In the end, it really is up to you.

12. ntn1779

ntn1779 Well-Known Member

Don't you have the black ones as well? Really want the black ones.. how does this one compare to that? whats the sizing like for PH, if I am a 43 in mmm

Thanks!

the ph 112 are tts. 43 mmm = 43 ph

13. snowmanxl

snowmanxl Well-Known Member

thanks. do you have an opinion on my question about lacing the hightops and loopholes? you seem like the resident sneaker expert on this forum, and i keep going back and forth about what looks best.

prob should tie them all the way and let your pants stack on top. imo leaving the tongue loose makes the shoe looser and less comfortable to wear and could look tacky.

14. cl smooth

prob should tie them all the way and let your pants stack on top. imo leaving the tongue loose makes the shoe looser and less comfortable to wear and could look tacky.

That's kid of what I was thinking. I think i could still pull off the tuck and have it laced up all the way and it wouldn't look too weird.

15. snowmanxl

That's kid of what I was thinking. I think i could still pull off the tuck and have it laced up all the way and it wouldn't look too weird.

yessir[​IMG]

16. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Lanvins uppers isn't as bulky or padded though, it might look weird laced up with the jeans stacking up top. I think it works with bulkier shoes like ROs and KVAs or even Margiela Hi's but Lanvin is more sleek and less bulky up top. Might just be me.

Few comparison pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

17. snowmanxl

Lanvins uppers isn't as bulky or padded though, it might look weird laced up with the jeans stacking up top. I think it works with bulkier shoes like ROs and KVAs or even Margiela Hi's but Lanvin is more sleek and less bulky up top. Might just be me.

Few comparison pics.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

yeah thats true. cl smooth, i should state that ive never tried on lanvin hi's before. full disclosure [​IMG]

18. cl smooth

How do u like your RO sneakers? do u wear them a lot? I can't decide whether they're worth the $$.

19. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I like them and whether they are worth the price or not, it really all depends if you like how it looks. As stated here before, quality isn't the main selling point of the shoes. Shoes are well made but at that price range, you really won't be able to justify it based on the quality alone.

20. snowmanxl

How do u like your RO sneakers? do u wear them a lot? I can't decide whether they're worth the $$.

he hates the toe bulge, thats why hes gonna sell them to me[​IMG] [​IMG]