1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

^From Razele? Kop.

2. cl smooth

cl smooth Well-Known Member

^From Razele? Kop.

nah, not from razele. another dude online. from lanvin f/w 08. just trying to think though.... if im dropping that much $$ on a pair of sneakers, i want to be able to wear them everyday, or almost everyday, with any outfit combo. trying to decide whether these fit the bill.

3. muziq925

muziq925 Well-Known Member

If they're black or white sneakers you should be able to wear them everyday. +you can tuck and untuck.

4. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

uhhh don't mind this huge blue anodized YKK Excella zipper and patent and metallic leather on my feet, I'm just wearing black sneaekers?

5. ryannn

ryannn Well-Known Member

So good... [​IMG] Edit: Wish I got the dust white too.

6. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Nice blk&wht Astros up there. You got your size from Yoox?

I wonder if it would look better with black laces?

7. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

So good...

[​IMG]

these look great, just wish there was more play with material, i like the cut but all-over solid suede doesn't do it for me

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Are those DBSS?

9. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Are those DBSS?

yes

10. snake

snake Well-Known Member

Toe looks a bit wonky to me, but I still like.

Post pics when you get em ryan.

11. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

I wonder if it would look better with black laces?
    Not sure, but my other Astros have black laces so I can give it a shot.

I am still looking at getting the Vandals with the inverted black / white from Yoox as well. These are dominantly white with black soles, the vandals are dominantly black with white soles. It'll depends on conclusions I come to on sizing. I'm assuming the vandals fit more or less identical to the astros. These are 44, yoox only has the vandals in 45.

12. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Maybe it is the way it is laced but the thin white laces just looks a bit awkward with the black tongue.

Also, has anyone seen DBSS worn with jeans and look good? I think I've only seen it with slouchy or drop crotch pants.

13. snake

snake Well-Known Member

14. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

i can't stand the soles on those DBSS's. it just looks so cheap-reebok-like. the toe box is too burly as well. rick owens is burley but somehow still "sleeker." the rest of the shoe looks good though and i'm sure the leather versions feel soft like butter like my margielas.

15. e0d9n0b5

e0d9n0b5 Well-Known Member

i can't stand the soles on those DBSS's. it just looks so cheap-reebok-like. the toe box is too burly as well. rick owens is burley but somehow still "sleeker." the rest of the shoe looks good though and i'm sure the leather versions feel soft like butter like my margielas.
    I can't stand the DBSS sneakers at all. Guy I knew went all out and got 2 pairs(couple years ago, had to scour Y!jp etc.), then sold both eventually. They just don't look good imo, and I love some ugly looking shit.

16. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

man they look really sick in that picture, makes me want a pair

17. AR_Six

AR_Six Well-Known Member

Gotta get on that bandwagon, not a big fan of the dbss... Just not a big fan of the profile, and the turned up toe looks odd to me. Couldn't put my finger on why, exactly.

18. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I don't think the DBSS looks that good in that last pic w/ jeans. Maybe because of the light jeans or maybe it's just the close up pic? It's just very snowboard-shoes-like to me.

I also find their sizing weird. Can't imagine wearing a shoe 2 times bigger (if you fall in that right in between sizes) especially since the shoes already look big and bulky enough as it is.

19. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

^ it's cuz it makes it look like you have two little rhinos attached to your legs

20. snake

snake Well-Known Member

lol DBSS sneakers look ridiculous I'll agree, but it's part of why I'm so drawn to them. Like something you'd expect Akira to wear with his red leather.