1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. jet

jet Well-Known Member

ok, holymadness. GTFO. [​IMG]

ahahaaa

does anyone have wool sneakers. i would think these would look like shit after a year of wear, but then again, i sort of think canvas ones would too, but they seem to hold up.

I posted mine on page 3 but I haven't worn them, actually flannel

[​IMG]

2. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

I think one of my Gucci sneakers are made out of wool. I've had it for 2-3 years and it's held up well so far. It probably doesn't get as much wear since I have a few shoes on rotation but it still looks good. One of my Lanvin hi's might be made off wool too but I've only worn it a handful of times so far so no clue how it will hold up.

Best understatement ever.

3. Synthese

Jet, those are the best CP lows I've ever seen (all whites). I don't know enough, are those the cap toes or the now-defunct shell toe?

4. bdeuce22

bdeuce22 Well-Known Member

court lows. and yes, i believe those are now defunct

5. jet

jet Well-Known Member

they're the court shoes they did I think last summer or two summers ago? not sure but they sold out quick and the leather is thinner and much softer with less structure (less stiff) on the sides

they came out with tournaments the next year which have a more elongated toe or cap or something dunno but they look a bit off compared to mine

6. Synthese

they're the court shoes they did I think last summer or two summers ago? not sure but they sold out quick and the leather is thinner and much softer with less structure (less stiff) on the sides

they came out with tournaments the next year which have a more elongated toe or cap or something dunno but they look a bit off compared to mine

Yeah, I thought the tournament mids were okay (not great, and wtf was up with the shitty colors?), but those are definitely better than the all white achilles lows I'd say.

7. the shah

the shah Well-Known Member

came in black too [​IMG] edit: navy ones on ebay, NIB BIN

8. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

All white CP's to be safer. I love the grey lows with gumsoles but it certainly more difficult to pull off.

9. driveslowk

driveslowk Well-Known Member

Crazy rafs... the coverted white courts, best lanvin lows.

sup kelvin-prototype

10. sh0ebox

sh0ebox Well-Known Member

For white CPs I much prefer the Courts (and tourneys, but less so) than achilles. If I were to get the Achilles though, I'd go mids all the way. I still much prefer my light grey mid achilles to white though... they can look a bit funky in pics and when they're brand new they come off as a little plasticky, but they look great after being worn in for a while once they form creases... see my pic (back right pair): [​IMG]

11. skunkworks

skunkworks Well-Known Member

Low white courts brothers.

They do look better than Achilles lows, and I like that the leather is thinner as well.

12. impolyt_one

impolyt_one Well-Known Member

smoke me some romeo y julieta in CP's (no vis) [​IMG] and some Siglo II's in Margiela (no vis) [​IMG]

13. Razele

Razele Well-Known Member

14. DCU

DCU Well-Known Member

What do you guys think of this particular colorway for the MMM Trainers? I just saw them on sale for around $220 (only my size left). I'm thinking of saving my money for the white ones with grey trim as I usually don't wear brown sneakers that much.

[​IMG]

They seem to be the same as the ones that are available for pre-order from Saks.

[​IMG]

15. gdl203

gdl203 Well-Known Member

Top looks grey, bottom looks brown.

16. surrender

surrender Well-Known Member

What do you guys use to clean the uppers on MMM GATs? Magic eraser?

17. DCU

DCU Well-Known Member

Top looks grey, bottom looks brown.

Must be the lighting. They are both listed as being the same color which is mud.

18. junebugmm

junebugmm Well-Known Member

^I'd wait and get the white ones. Much more versatile in my opinion.

19. sq4you

sq4you Well-Known Member

I need some help from anyone with older lanvin sneaks (sq4you, jet, fuuma, etc...)

I won this auction (not from shinyitems, but may be someone reselling their purchase from him..)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Specifically, the serial printed on the back of the tongue is different from mine, but mine are from a newer season, so IDK if things changed.

Any opinions on its authenticity?

[​IMG]

I asked the seller and his response was: "Hi, I sell guitar parts and mostly Dsquared clothes, this is the fisrt ever lanvin shoes I sell,they were present for me, but unfortunately too small. If you, who have authentic lanvins do not know if these are 1000% originals, how could I? If you want more pictures - just say so, I will take them. You decide. Once shipped, I will not accept any returns unless damaged, please mind that.
    respect"

thanks pals.

ask Razele Dazele. He has some just like that i think.
    what makes you think they are fake? the serial number on the tongue is correct.
    did he use recycled photos for the shoes or what?

20. PG2G

PG2G Well-Known Member

My worry would be that there have been a good number of that model on ebay recently (some sellers even have multiple sizes), they are over a year old, and aren't exactly a colorway that would have a hard time selling.