1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. chronoaug

chronoaug Well-Known Member

fujiwara probably noob
    yea, prob. i remember google searching gf for sneakers awhile back when i wanted to make an expensive sneaker cop but didn't run across those. I've seen fujiwara lows that kinda look similar but not those.

2. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

I'm a fan of the patent toes they do (a sorta military detail), but I'd have to see those IRL. PF Flyers did a bunch of similar combinations over the past few years to mixed results. I wish they used grey/black soles on those, as well (I'm all about black/neutrals over white).

I think that is one of the downside of the new Lanvin sole, I don't think they can make it with a different color outside of white. They can change the color of the toe part with the ridges but the rest are always white. I wonder if they choose to do it that way or if it is the only way they make it?

3. CharlieAngel

CharlieAngel Well-Known Member

Went to maxfield's today. They had a pair of Lanvin mids. Blackish nylon, camo pattern. Very dark and subtle. They didn't have my size. Had they had them, I'd have bought them. Nifty shoes. [​IMG] Got the grapevine working through paris right now, though. Hopefully we'll find someone who can get them via backdoor or whatever. [​IMG]

4. RFX45

RFX45 Well-Known Member

Forgot if posted, oh well.
    [​IMG]

5. Synthese

Synthese Darth Millennial

god fucking damnit I can't stop buying sneakers

6. CharlieAngel

I'll take the ones on the left. The right.. I dunno.. Those would actually be pretty good on the motorcycle, though, with the strap to "hide" the strings so they don't get caught in anything... (right right boots boots blah blah blah go ride your own fucking motorcycle the way you want to ride it, wearing what you want to wear).

Hrm.

The thought of wearing a pair of sneakers that costs more than I paid for the motorcycle I ride is kinda amusing.

7. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

god fucking damnit I can't stop buying sneakers
    Sneakers are pretty much all I think about related to clothing these days, it is ridiculous. I basically only read this thread, waywt, RP, random, and the occasional noob "how do I put on my socks" thread for laughs. I have no clue as to what goes on in the rest of SF

8. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

[​IMG] so these appeared again. my finger's twitching on the trigger

9. KitAkira

KitAkira Well-Known Member

The navy and maroon Lanvin his are 360 at Barneys

10. jet

jet Well-Known Member

you should cop if you think you'll wear them or find occasions too i wear my rafs all the time

I remember 4 years ago I got repped from fuuma on sufu for my shoe collection because I didn't have hardly any sneaks back then [​IMG]

11. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

I have ONE pair of sneakers, those leather + zip converse ones, they're OK. I don't love them, I bought them because I needed a pair of sneakers really badly. Could keep them as beaters and work these ones into fits.

12. Exalt

Exalt Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

so these appeared again. my finger's twitching on the trigger

Appeared where? If you decide to not get them, let me know... thanks!

13. CharlieAngel

[​IMG] so these appeared again. my finger's twitching on the trigger
    Dude. Those rule. GET THEM. An another note, my dad said he got rid of all those beatle boots when they moved out of the old house. Sorry. EDIT: At $260? Yes. Get them. If you don't like them, y ou can always unload them for about the same price. Hell, if they were a half-size bigger, I'd be tempted.

14. DLester

DLester Well-Known Member

I have ONE pair of sneakers, those leather + zip converse ones, they're OK. I don't love them, I bought them because I needed a pair of sneakers really badly. Could keep them as beaters and work these ones into fits.

Buy them and flip them for purchase price if they don't work, no money is at risk. I bet you wear them more than you expect. I like them.

15. CharlieAngel

Do I risk it???

I see the obvious fakes for $65, but they're not my size at all.. :/

16. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

Buy them and flip them for purchase price if they don't work, no money is at risk. I bet you wear them more than you expect. I like them.

this convinced me lol, kopped

17. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

probably should've asked this beforehand but how does lanvin sizing run? LOL

18. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

Those pictures are of legit sneaks, but what you get from the seller may not be legit. Buyer beware on all Lanvins from China.

19. Fycus

Fycus Well-Known Member

probably should've asked this beforehand but how does lanvin sizing run? LOL

1.5-2 sizes larger than your true size. IE I would wear a 9 in Lanvin and I'm a 10.5 / 43 in most shoes.

20. brad-t

brad-t Well-Known Member

1.5-2 sizes larger than your true size. IE I would wear a 9 in Lanvin and I'm a 10.5 / 43 in most shoes.

Oh. Shit. I bought TTS. :x