• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
DRKSHDW making sneakers now, supposedly price is a 1/3 of regular RO.
It kind of look like it,t he upper looks like canvas now like chucks, should still be good pick-up if it goes on sale.

Last edited:

kindofyoung

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
not sure if I think the slim upper works with the chunky sole, but could possibly look great in person when worn.
You wouldn't happen to have any pictures of anyone wearing them?

Last edited:

RFX45

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
To be fair the chuck-style RO with leather upper is already thin with the same giant sole. Main difference is the material and the stitching on the sole is probably faux.
Thinner/frail uppers are probably less suited for jean tuck now?

Fit would probably still look similar to the leather version though.

Last edited:

GoldenTribe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Looking at the new arrivals on Ssense, I would almost want to cut myself just to bleed on these things and ruin them.

Taking a page from the anti-genius of Christian Louboutin, Giuseppi Zanotti decided schizophrenic studs and mis-matched neons weren't enough individually, they had to be combined into one monstrous Gestalt:

Dsquared decided to rip off the Prada creepers, but obviously that isn't enough on its own so the leather is textured, there's contrast **** all over everything, and they switched out the sole's espadrille layer for a a jagged bottom:

Finally, Givenchy unveiled the ugliest shoe I can remember seeing with a price over $800:

Last edited:

ExAngel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Never liked the shelltoe ROs, this is not helping.
I'm with you, but they're much cooler when seen worn in person. I've handled them at maxfields and wasn't really into them, but I saw a dude walking to his car in them in the most conservative look (RRL type wash, slightly baggy jeans and a button down) and they looked pretty cool. the shell toe kind of pops out. Not something i'd wear but very unique and almost cartoony/exaggerated.

noob in 89

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I think they looked ok because they're basically just Converse. I mean, don't flay me, I get that they're slightly bulbous, but geez a whiz. I still marvel when people comment on how well they blend in with non-ninja fits, as if it's such a shock, as if they're best suited to the dark arts...

Last edited:

wurm

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

RO sneakers lose all their appeal when they're not in leather

RO sneakers have no appeal to begin with :foo:

earlier iterations of dunks actually look decent to me but still

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
early Dunks > huge tongue Geobaskets > sailboat/****** sneakers > shelltoes

Kid Nickels

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Never liked the shelltoe ROs, this is not helping.

that dude's never-seen-the-light-of-day pasty-ass calfs and no socks are also not helping :plain:

tonio028

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I picked up a pair of Margiela High Velcros in the distressed navy, but it's going back. Thought I would like it, but just wasn't working the way I was hoping. Either the color wasn't working for me or I just need to concede I can't pull of high top sneaks.

xJack

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hightops can be tricky..

Last edited:

Urthwhyte

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
that dude's never-seen-the-light-of-day pasty-ass calfs and no socks are also not helping
plain.gif

Nor is their pristine whiteness. A beat pair just went up on eBay and actually looks pretty great. Will try to find the pics tomorrow morning

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads