1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. minho

minho Well-Known Member

50-60% off what retail price? From sites like Sak's/Mr. Porter they seem to run at around ~480ish while from Oki-ni and Tresbien, they seem to run at around $300-330. (I think US residents can get them from Tres-bien for $298 shipped, not including discount codes).

I'm looking for a white pair in 43 and I'm not sure what would be a "good" price for a new pair.

2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

Do you want to buy them and wear them? Or spend months waiting for another 10% off. YMMV. If you have a common shoe size and you want "classic" colors or sought after seasonal stuff, you aren't going to get 50% off.

Last edited: Apr 4, 2016
    2 people like this.
  3. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

Uhm i got my size 43 grey ones for half price

4. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

That's not a "classic" color.

5. bows1

bows1 Well-Known Member

To be fair of course you can get "anything" heavily discounted but its definitely not guaranteed that at a certain time of every sales cycle you can just buy white painted GATS in any size for 50% off.

I got mine for 50% off, the classic white painted/ grey suede one, but its not a regular thing. If you want them it could take a year or two to find that deal, wouldn't it be worth it to just buy them and wear them for those two years?

1 person likes this.
  6. needhelp123

[​IMG]

this and brown are the two most common no?

7. dr1248

dr1248 Well-Known Member

$260 - $295 is a good price for the white MMM

8. Sym

Sym Well-Known Member

Recently picked up the white for $247 and black for $206... Keep in mind this was after about 2-3 years of looking for a sub $300 pair in my size, which seems to be one of the first to go.

9. sholom

sholom Well-Known Member

how do you guys keep the white mmm gats clean? Any tips? Thanks.

10. ihrm

ihrm Well-Known Member

Looking to buy some white gats in a 42. Tres Bien is usually the cheapest spot to buy them but they're sold out. Anywhere else around with similar pricing to tres bien once VAT is deducted?

11. needhelp123

spray suede protector and that's about it really

12. shoewizz

shoewizz Well-Known Member

I know there is a lot of love for Lanvin cap toe sneakers here.

But what about these? I just picked them up from Yoox. Cant decide if I'm keeping them:

[​IMG]

More pics

13. thekunk07

thekunk07 Well-Known Member

was a lot of love for lanvin sneakers in 2010.

14. tonio028

tonio028 Well-Known Member

I say you should send those back, you can do much better. Or get a pair of Sketchers or K-Swiss for far cheaper that would look about the same.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2016
  15. Rais

Rais Well-Known Member

I have the low top of those with an elastic cover. Really nicely made, but heavy; doesn't feel like a sneaker at all. I think they go well with pants that have a wider leg opening.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  16. shoewizz

shoewizz Well-Known Member

Interesting, I didnt think they were particularly heavy. In fact, on foot they feel exceptionally light.

How do you handle the laces? Mine fit snug if i tie them loosely, so i just try to lay the bow flat so it fits underneath the zip panel, but its a bit awkward. Perhaps the fit is a bit different on mine since the panel is leather, not elastic.

I agree 100% about them working with wider leg pants. Thanks for sharing pics. I think they are beautiful. My only concern about keeping them was the price - bit higher than I wanted to pay (little north of $400) but I havent seen any other pairs in my size.

Are yours also made in Portugal?

17. Rais

Rais Well-Known Member

Yep, made in Portufal. Mine are very heavy, almost the same weight as a pair of leather boots somehow.
    re: the lacing, I swapped the thick Lanvin laces for some narrow Nike laces from a pair of flyknits, tied them once in a single loose knot and then ran the lace ends under a thin insole. Laceless it just felt a bit too loose and with the original Lanvin laces done up properly you could see them protruding from underneath the Nylon cover, it looked off. The heaviest and most finnicky sneaker I have; but I really enjoy them anyway.

18. conceptual 4est

conceptual 4est Well-Known Member

Those Lanvin are great, keep them. The captoes are whack

5 people like this.
  19. needhelp123

i LOVE my Lanvin captoes! Comfy and so nice!!!!

1 person likes this.
  20. needhelp123