1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

you hit the nail on the head!!! i too hate chunky roundy toe box
    wish these were ala hogans which are a bit pointier!

2. im eddie

im eddie Well-Known Member

@crosswound

This is sneaker thread, you are suppose to size up from your regular size anyways, but the back zip boots or 1 piece leather boots are narrow even if you size up from your guidi sizing. I don't know about the lace ups, but they seem to run either extra small or tts in the hikers. Also if they are new the leather just needs breaking in.

Last edited: Apr 15, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  3. crosswound

crosswound Well-Known Member

I was on mobile and hit the back button too many times I meant to post in the boot thread. Thanks for the reply :)

4. pl0nky

pl0nky Well-Known Member

Should I buy a pair of sneakers from farfetch? They seem like the best deal right now with duties included. TBS is sold out of the sneaker in my size and other sites that have the sneaker seem to have a higher price.

5. Bussit

Bussit Well-Known Member

I don't know. Should you?

6. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

7. zxcvbn

zxcvbn Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

matchy matchy

4 people like this.
  8. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

^ Pillow tongue on Marants is just crazy!
    Yes that was me. I looked high and low on the internet and even asked our resident expert RFX. It's fairly easy to find white & black waxed laces around, but I could not for the life of me find suitable replacement laces of any other colors anywhere. I live in LA so I just went to the boutique, but I'm sure they'll order them for you. They were $20 (not free.. trust me I tried), but obviously the exact laces I needed plus they gave me a dust bag and wrapped it all up with the bag and ribbon and shit so there's that… I guess.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2015
  9. Spoon

Spoon Well-Known Member

glad it worked out. I'm having no luck so got from this guy, has some colours of the waxed 46" laces
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/331400272579?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

1 person likes this.
  10. momentoftruth

momentoftruth Well-Known Member

even Church's is getting into the minimalist sneaker game

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

11. barrettdudley

barrettdudley Well-Known Member

I know the recommendation is almost always to size down in Balenciagas, but are there some that run TTS (not Arenas)?

Mr. P advises to size down in most pairs, except for the pair I'm considering. Should I trust them, or size down anyway?

12. needhelp123

Lol Arenas, i'm a 43 and a tried these sneakers even 41 still had heel slip and could fit 3 fingers in the back. Need like 40.5 or even 40 haha

13. Kid Nickels

Srsly? That makes it really difficult to buy something that fits if you can't try them on. I've heard similar (but not quite as extreme) size-downs on Ann Ds but I don't have any experience with them. Some brands are just weird. I have a pair of low-key Gucci leather sandals in 8.5. I normally wear at least a 10 or 43.

14. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

imo arenas don't look very good

15. Kid Nickels

I don't particularly care for them either. They have that weird, slope front. I do, however, like the other Balenciaga highs. Not sure what they're called but I want some in black. :satisfied:

16. needhelp123

Yeah all the other shoes I size down as normal like Lanvins/CP by 1, Margielas TTS etc. But I was surprised when I went to try on the Arenas and 41 still was bad and they didn't have smaller so..

I don't like them never did either but just tried them on for the hell of it. They look crap, you're right the pleated highs are way better and cleaner, still not my style though.

Hate when things have retarded sizing tags, I still don't know why they don't just put the correct sizing tag like Small is small, medium is medium, not bloddy extra large is medium or crap like that. When you order those 4 days are the worst doubting yourself if you selected the correct size, worst thing is when it arrives and its bad fit.

And for me I'm retarded if something is too large or small I end up being deluded pretending it fits well and end up regretting it later on when I can't return it.

[​IMG]

About things I hate on sneakers, I also REALLY hate perforated toe box like b-balls, to me it makes it to 'sport luxe' and loses its premium-ness, I hate the look of holes and definetelty is a deal breaker for me for any sneaker.

Last edited: Apr 17, 2015
    1 person likes this.
  17. im eddie

im eddie Well-Known Member

Well I have Ann D (high) from FW14 and they fit TTS.

18. Kid Nickels

^ hmmm ok.

Living in LA I guess I can usually find somewhere to try on most stuff… but certainly not all. It kills me having to return things that don't fit…. such a pain in the ass.

Last edited: Apr 18, 2015
  19. needhelp123

Try living in Australia, we have NO boutiques. We only have a store called Harrolds which is tiny and very limited labels, each label gets ONE small rack and the markup is massive.

99% of my shopping is done online.

20. nicelynice

nicelynice Well-Known Member

Isn't like the best sneaker store in the world in Aus?
    http://www.sneakerboy.com/

2 people like this.