1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

***Finally an Official Baller sneaker thread ($300 minimum)***

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by jet, Apr 12, 2010.

1. knifeinabox

knifeinabox New Member

So I've been in the market for a nice pair of designer/quality sneakers and am in need of some help. After researching more and learning about sneakers, I figured out that I want a nice pair of some pretty badass introductory high tops. When I was at the Nordstrom in my city the other day, I stumbled across these shoes Rag & Bone Black Kent High Tops and I really liked them a lot, they looked good, fit good and were within my price range. So I tried researching more about these shoes before dropping $395 on them and couldn't find anything on the shoes themselves. The only thing I ended up finding was that Rag & Bone was bought out by Theory a few years ago and that the brand has since declined in quality sand rose in price. After hearing this, It made me skeptical on these shoes if they are worth this much or not but I can't find any info on them to decide, plz help?

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
  2. cyc wid it

cyc wid it Well-Known Member

You can do better than that (esp. for $350).

Last edited: Feb 9, 2015
    2 people like this.
  3. knifeinabox

knifeinabox New Member

I linked the wrong one and updated the link they were actually $395, but could you suggest any alternatives? I really like the style of this pair but not sure where else to look. I would say my budget is $450 max.

4. accordion

accordion Well-Known Member

you have to do your own research but those are not good looking and not worth the price.

5. knifeinabox

knifeinabox New Member

I think the look/style is subjective but what makes you say they are not worth the price?

6. ImaPro

ImaPro Well-Known Member

Design isn't good imo ......anyway if you are looking for simple sneakers look at lanvin, cp, etc.. They can be had for way less.

7. accordion

because of the design, other options available and what they would probably go for, from my experience, if put up for auction or listed on forum marketplaces. They look like a weird mix of other mid/high end sneakers.

8. winston86dit

winston86dit Well-Known Member

No designer sneaker is worth the price, per say. Just buy what you like. The quality of those Rag & Bone sneakers are fine. They're certainly not going to fall apart after a few wears or anything. There are some brands out there that are way more expensive that can't even say that so at the end of the day, if you like them, and you can afford it, then go for it.

9. superego

superego Well-Known Member

how is this useful? "your shoes are ugly and a shitty value but I'm not going to suggest anything better."

common projects on sale are gonna be a better value, also diemme does some with similar lace eyelets. don't think any of them are worth ~$400 though.

10. Kid Nickels

Kid Nickels Well-Known Member

You could get Buttero, Lanvin, CP, MMM… you've got to look around man @knifeinabox. $450 buys a much better sneaker than those R&B.

11. accordion

didnt wanna assume what he likes/don't like, there are lot of black top/white sole sneakers out there.

12. Coldsnap

Coldsnap Well-Known Member

So If I'm thrifty around what price could I find a pair of new MMM gats? Not those $30 actual ones, don't want the all whites.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
  13. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

I got mine mid year sale last year on FF for $260USD shipped.

14. thatoneguy

thatoneguy Well-Known Member

I'm done with sneakers
    (until I find raf vandals)

[​IMG]

23 people like this.
  15. needhelp123

needhelp123 Well-Known Member

I saw this shoe margiela on SSENSE will it have other colours in the low top version like this? Considering this model pretty cool, but want white

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  16. jet

jet Well-Known Member

17. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    I actually dislike them less every time I see them, almost like them

Would have been cooler if they looked more like the sketch in the beginning of the video though
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 12, 2015
  18. Callusing

Callusing Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

So much better.

1 person likes this.
  19. pokpok

pokpok Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

21 people like this.
  20. accordion